Chankanaab Questions

bsailing

I think we've decided on Chankanaab in Cozumel, but I have a couple of questions. First what is the price of admission for kids and adults? And second does Chank. have a pool? Thanks!

Adults are $21 and kids a few bucks less and definately print the coupon to save a few bucks. We rented snorkel equipment from them a few years ago and I can't remember how much but it believe it was reasonable.

I believe that the adult admission is around $21, without the coupon. I highly recommend purchasing your own snorkel equipment. Rentals sometimes cost more than buying them new. Plus, you're not using anything that's been used by tons of others, and you can use it anywhere you go. If you do rent, always hang onto it. Never leave it sitting around, as snorkel equipment rentals seem to vanish on people here who leave it unattended even for a minute.

We got snorkel equipment for 8 per person. It was a large group (10) so he gave us a discount. I think others paid 10 or 12. The life vests are free. You just have to give them ID to keep until you bring it back. We left ours at our beach chair while we watched the seal show and no one bothered it. We did tell Speedy Gonzalas, our waiter, to keep an eye on it. I have taken snorkle gear with me in the past. It takes up too much room in my suitcase for me. I now just take clorox wipes to clean everything before I use it.

Snorkeling equipment is $10 for everything needed. Don't rent the vest where you get the snorkeling equipment. Back track to the hut before and get it for free (by leaving your id behind).

Pool: Swimming_pool.jpg

This is right in front of the dolphin swim area and by the building/gift shop.

Anyone have pictures of the snorkle area there? Any other pics would be appreciated!

I have tons of pictures and several reviews from the last 2 visits there within the last 9 months.

You can find my review from the first time here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=59

There is a link at the bottom of each review with tons of more pictures.

Here is the dolphin swim we did there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...7&postcount=65

Our visit there 2 months ago: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=48

You will find links at the bottom of each review to tons of pictures both times. :)

Is the pool available for everyone, or just those who do the dolphin swim? Last time we were there, I think it was only open to those who paid to swim with the dolphins.

Although we've never swam in the pool there (we can swim in the pool at home so we never get in the pools at any port) I would think it is for everyone. It's a part of the National Park. You pay the entrance to get into the park and the pool should be included. It's in the open, but just happens to be in front of the shops, where you eat and the dolphin swims are in front of that in the ocean. There's nothing there to stop you from entering the pool area (like a gate or anything). I'm pretty sure it's included in the price. :)

Archived