Not shy to ask - what is country club casual?

wassup4565

One of Betsy's favorite cruise outfits, the one for which she gets the most compliments, came from a thrift shop. Many are Chicos, LL Bean, Lands End, etc., but some are from Sams Club (no Costco in our area) -- and I defy you to tell the difference.

In my opinion, the key is that elusive quality known as "good taste"; it goes perfectly with the ambiance that Oceania has created.

The Hurlingham (not Hurlington) is definitely NOT a country club. Having been a guest at a couple of country clubs in the USA - DuPont in Delaware was one I remember - I have never found anything similar in the UK.

And the word "country" is not a sine qua non of a private members club as most of them are in towns.

I think Oceans&Rivers might be confused by the fact that some UK hotels add "and country club" after their name to show they have some sporting facilities.

The Hurlingham (not Hurlington) is definitely NOT a country club. Having been a guest at a couple of country clubs in the USA - DuPont in Delaware was one I remember - I have never found anything similar in the UK.

And the word "country" is not a sine qua non of a private members club as most of them are in towns.

I think Oceans&Rivers might be confused by the fact that some UK hotels add "and country club" after their name to show they have some sporting facilities.

You are quite right about the name of the club being Hurlingham, not Hurlington. Too much multi-tasking on my part. My apologies.

However, I think it is fair to refer to the Hurlingham as a private country club, just as I do the one I know best personally, Orinda Country Club, which also is technically not "out in the country" but near a world class city:

http://www.orindacc.org/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

And here's a link that shows some similar activities at the Hurlingham:

http://www.hurlinghamclub.org.uk/the-club/

I always say think Chicos ...

Jancruz1

Love Chicos!

Just discovered this thread and I'm enjoying the discussion. I always feel that if someone is curtious enough to ask what the correct attire means, they will be dressed just fine. We all have our own style and some of us enjoy the whole fashion thing more than others but I'm sure than none of us will offend anyone in how we are dressed..

Yep, Chico's answers the question! Except that about 50% of the ladies on O seem to shop there, so I have seen my outfits on other people. But we laugh about it and it's no big deal. Garments with a bit of sparkle are always fun!

I am not a big Chico's fan but am a big fan of jersey and microfiber for traveling.

I like dresses and skirts so I include a couple of simple wrap dresses and dress them up with jewelry, scarves, belt. I also bring a basic black jersey skirt and a few tops to wear with it and black slacks. I like sparkle and feeling feminine so my clothing choices reflect my personal style.

We travel pre and post on our own so always pack in consideration of handling our own luggage on trains. Jersey is both forgiving (no wrinkles) and lightweight - works very well for travel.

I am not a big Chico's fan but am a big fan of jersey and microfiber for traveling.

I like dresses and skirts so I include a couple of simple wrap dresses and dress them up with jewelry, scarves, belt.... Jersey is both forgiving (no wrinkles) and lightweight - works very well for travel.

Are there favourite places where you buy these?

Archived