Bermuda Gold

celbercrz333

We bought a bottle of Bermuda Gold on our trip to Bermuda. That's the only way to get it. We nearly finished the (smuggled aboard) bottle by the time we got off the ship to go home. That stuff is liquid Gold. If you like liquor and you like it a little sweet, try it.

On one of our Majesty cruises, they were actually giving away free samples of all the different "Bermuda Gold" liquers and were selling them on board. They are all very good! :p

We'll pick up another bottle either on board or in port -- our is empty -- again!!

• 4 weeks later...

We brought back eight liters last year. I believe we paid $3 duty per bottle. Its cheaper on the ship than in town. They will send it to the ship and you pay the export price. But the ship is still cheaper.

As far as drinking it my husband prefers it on the rocks, I like it with lots of ice and vodka. Once you try it you will be asking people to being it home for you. Thats what we've been doing for the past 23 years. We work back and forth with good friends. Who ever goes brings back for the other.

• 2 years later...

When I came back into Philly port I had 3 cases of 12. Previously I would always pay $3 a bottle, but was told that is actually for 100 proof, since Bermuda gold is only 56 proof you would only pay 56%, so make sure you tell customs official. You are allowed 1 liter duty free per adult and tariff on the rest. If cruise goes to Bermuda then to a US Virgin Island you are allowed more duty free, I believe 4 per person.

On the Rocks is the way to go.

Joe

We brought back eight liters last year. I believe we paid $3 duty per bottle. Its cheaper on the ship than in town. They will send it to the ship and you pay the export price. But the ship is still cheaper.

As far as drinking it my husband prefers it on the rocks, I like it with lots of ice and vodka. Once you try it you will be asking people to being it home for you. Thats what we've been doing for the past 23 years. We work back and forth with good friends. Who ever goes brings back for the other.

One year on the Majesty they had samples. Last year they didn't have any availble for sale. Instead we went to Goslings in Hamilton and they gave you a small glass sample and bought just one bottle thinking that if we liked it, we would buy more at home. Unfortunately we found out it is not exported, not available anywhere in Mass. This year we plan on stocking up at Goslings and paying the small duty. Still worth it. Of course, we will still get our free samples while we are in Goslings. LOL. It really is delicious sort of a cinnonmy taste, made from loquats. If you sample it, you definitely will buy some. Some people I know like it slightly heated or added to coffee.:)

Does anyone know what the name of the chocolate tasting liquor is? My mother brought home a bottle many years ago, we've since drank it and cannot find it anywhere in the states and I (oops) threw away the bottle. I know she got it in Bermuda and we are heading there soon.

Didn't try the gold or anything else other than the 80 proof Black Seal Rum in Dark 'n Stormy. I guess we need to expand our tastes, lol. We did find Gosling's Black Seal Rum, both 151 and 80 proof for sale here in Tucson, also many varieties of ginger beer, including Bitterns. It's been fun sharing our new favorite drink with friends and family.:D

So, tell me more about these liqueurs?

;)

Archived