Cruise ? about land vac

We have used a good online insurance co for many cruises.

We are planning a 2 wk land vacation=$2500 for condo & air. Our BCBS will cover medical & there is no need for med evac because we'd b transported to a hospital in a Aruba.

Does anyone know of travel insurance that would cover ONLY the $1500 condo fee if the vacation had to be cancelled? The online site for the $2500 total (to cover pre-existing condition) was close to $350.

If I have to use the $350, it's better than loosing all my $, but thought there might be something cheaper w/o "medical coverage"

Thanks.....

We have used a good online insurance co for many cruises.

We are planning a 2 wk land vacation=$2500 for condo & air. Our BCBS will cover medical & there is no need for med evac because we'd b transported to a hospital in a Aruba.

Does anyone know of travel insurance that would cover ONLY the $1500 condo fee if the vacation had to be cancelled? The online site for the $2500 total (to cover pre-existing condition) was close to $350.

If I have to use the $350, it's better than loosing all my $, but thought there might be something cheaper w/o "medical coverage"

Thanks.....

In most cases the included medical coverage is only a small fraction of the full premium. Just looking at one CSA plan, for a 65-year old traveler with a $2000 trip cost the full premium is $114.

Of that, $25 covers ALL of the following:

$50K medical

$250K emergency evacuation

Trip Delay

Baggage Delay

Baggage Loss/Damage

Rental Car CDW

Accidental AD&D

24-hour emergency assistance

The greatest portion of the full premium is always the cost of insuring the trip arrangements for cancellation/interruption.

Also, yes you can get yourself to an Aruba hospital. But how are you going to get yourself transported once you're stabilized but need further care closer to home. BCBS won't normally handle the cost of that air transport with doctor/nurse in attendance. The third-party insurers will under their evac/repatriation coverage.

Archived