Champagne Catamaran to St John's Excursion

GTO-Girl

hubby and i did this excursion last july also. we took an open-air bus from the pier to the catamaran. the catamaran was big and clean, and there were plenty of places to sit in the sun or in the shade. the guys on board were very friendly and pointed out all the sights on the way to the snorkeling destination. when we were just about there, they started passing out vests, snorkels, fins, and masks, and instructed beginners on how to snorkel. once we reached our destination, we were able to climb down a ladder into the ocean or jump right in off the side of the cat. those who did not wish to snorkel could remain onboard or take a small motorized raft to the beach. the water was so clear and warm, and we saw enough fish to keep us happy. i'm not sure how long we actually had to snorkel, but it was definitely over an hour. on our way back, the crew got the party started with cheese, fruit, and unlimited champagne and rum punch. i would highly recommend this excursion; it was one of our favorites to date!

We did this excursion on our May 19th cruise on the Dream. It was absolutely wonderful!! I know that alot of people complain about the excursions on the ship being really expensive...and I am sure that they probably are more expensive than finding your own. But I decided since this was our first time in St. Thomas to book this one. I never heard the first person that was on the tour complain that it cost so much. We all boarded a van or bus or whatever they call it and had to ride to the other side of the island (or at least it seemed that way)..they drive on the opposite side of the road than we do in America.

The cars were going really fast and the traffic was really bad..once we got to the place where the catamaran was...we walked down a long pier and boarded...you have to remove your shoes before you get on. There was plenty of room on the catamaran for all the people. It took about an hour to get over to St. John and the "mates" on the ship were showing us all kinds of things along the way. When you got over there you could snorkel if you wanted to (we didn't want to) or you could get on the little boat that they were pulling behind and they would carry you over to the beach.

I have a detailed review along with pictures of the dream posted on this forum...you can see pictures of this excursion...I can honestly say that this one and Bernard's Tour that we booked in St. Maarten were two things we have been on that I didn't hear one single complaint about!:)

Tried posting this on the St Thomas board, but so far no response....

Would like some thoughts and opinions from someone who has done this excursion through Carnival.

Thanks!!

10,000% would do again .We never book through the cruiseline but we will do this one again without a doubt.

Archived