Upsell Fairy offered us an aft wrap!

We are sailing on the Glory this Saturday and Carnival called this morning to offer us a premium vista balcony aft wrap on deck 7 or 8 (we were in an ocean view on deck 2). I decided to take it and surprise my husband for our anniversary. The upsell was affordable so I went for it. Has anyone stayed in Glory Verandah Deck 8455? The other option was Empress Deck 7445. Hope it is worth the extra $$! Anyone have an opinion?

We had an aft wrap on Deck 7... I really liked it because it wrapped around the side of the ship causing us to have more of a shady area..... also one night someone projectiled vomited off of deck 10 over the back corner... we got a little bit of it, but pretty sure that deck 8 took the brunt. I know thats not likely to happen but it did to us.... Not trying to talk you out of it but I would have taken deck 7... JMO...

in any case... You will hopefully LOVE you aft wrap and it's an awesome surprise...

7445 is a great room deck above and below no noise from either deck we have booked this room multiple times and enjoyed it. great balcony and lots of room in the cabin, the aft elevators are easy access and never that busy. 2 decks down to prom deck and 2 decks up to lido you will love this room the sun does shine hard on the balcony but that should be good on a northern iten. ENJOY

Whats an upselll like that cost??

A few years ago we got it for 250 pp as un upsell. Do not remember the type of cabin we had before this.

Just under lido on the Triumph and did hear some chair scraping but would do it again in a heartbeat.

Grab the one on deck 7..it has cabins decks above and below. Very quiet...and it's at not in a high travel area.

Another plus is deck 7 is also the high rent district (suites, grand suites etc.) so the cabin stewards here are top notch.

I had 7445 on Freedom...loved every minute of it.

Loved our aft wrap--I'll always go for it if it's in the budget. :D

Another plus is deck 7 is also the high rent district (suites, grand suites etc.) so the cabin stewards here are top notch.

You'd think, huh? By far the worst steward we've ever had was when we were in a Grand suite. Service was almost nonexistent. :cool:

Loved our aft wrap--I'll always go for it if it's in the budget. :D

You'd think, huh? By far the worst steward we've ever had was when we were in a Grand suite. Service was almost nonexistent. :cool:

And I had the best cabin steward ever...Angelo! go figure!

Whats an upselll like that cost??

The upsell was $200 per person. We were in an ocean view on deck 2 at a great price. This seemed like a good deal to me because when I originally looked at aft wraps four months ago, the price was over $1,000 per person! I am so excited! I have been reading the posts about how much people love aft wraps and I did not expect to have one for this trip.

The upsell was $200 per person. We were in an ocean view on deck 2 at a great price. This seemed like a good deal to me because when I originally looked at aft wraps four months ago, the price was over $1,000 per person! I am so excited! I have been reading the posts about how much people love aft wraps and I did not expect to have one for this trip.

You got a great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister and I had an AFT on The Magic this March and we were able to booked another AFT on The Sunshine inaugural cruise out of Galveston, November 18, 2013.

In fact if anyone is interested there are plenty of AFT cabins available; 5341, 6373,6346,7322,7325,8333,and 8328.

Early Saver price is $2142.

Since we are talking about afts, I have an aft extended on the Splendor in December. How bad is the noise from the ships wake? We are not on deck 8, which has the overhang. Other than being a tad sunny during the day, I am hoping the aft extended will be nice.

Since we are talking about afts, I have an aft extended on the Splendor in December. How bad is the noise from the ships wake? We are not on deck 8, which has the overhang. Other than being a tad sunny during the day, I am hoping the aft extended will be nice.

On ours no noise at all. We were below lido so we did have some chair scraping from time to time but overall it was awesome.

This is a no brainer. You are getting a steal. Grab it!

My sister and I had an AFT on The Magic this March and we were able to booked another AFT on The Sunshine inaugural cruise out of Galveston, November 18, 2013.

In fact if anyone is interested there are plenty of AFT cabins available; 5341, 6373,6346,7322,7325,8333,and 8328.

Early Saver price is $2142.

The Sunshine will be sailing from New Orleans, not Galveston.

I agree with golfadj, afts are awesome! I'm the OP on this thread now back from the Glory last week and the aft wrap we had was amazing. It was very quiet except for occasional chair scraping from the lido deck. The wake was not noisy, just peaceful. There is a lot less wind back there, which was great on our Canada cruise where the temps were cooler. Before we went I wondered about the long walk to the aft, but it did not feel out of the way; would book an aft again!

You will love your aft cabin- have a great cruise!

Archived