Carnival Conquest Review-June 5, 2012

Hey Ladies! I hope this review helps. If you have already booked a Carnival wedding, you have made a wonderful decision!!!!!

We left out of New Orleans on Sunday, June 1st with 29 sailing guest. We got married on day 3 at the port of Key West. We choose an onboard wedding because we didn't want the stress and hassle of having to get off and get somewhere. The onboard wedding was the BEST decision!

The first night on the ship at dinner, my Carnival coordinator and the photographer came to our dinner table. Both were so nice and did an excellent job. We did find out that our wedding was an hour earlier than we thought because of the time change at Key West. I'm glad we found this out early enough because I had 2 guest boarding for the wedding. We set up a time to meet with the coordinator and go over any details. This was kinda like our rehersal. We only had a MOH and BM so there wasn't a lot to reherse.

The night before the wedding, my husband and I made the mistake of not making seating arrangements for our wedding guest. And this caused some unnecessary stress for us and our immediate family members. We had 3 tables for our wedding guest since there were 29 of us. Make sure you set up your parents and siblings to sit with you!

My wedding was at 10:30am and I had a hair appointment at 9:00am. This was not enough time! I am a simple person that doesn't need a lot of preperation but the hair dresser totally messed up my hair at first. I wanted it down but ended up having to wear it up because I looked like shirley temple. It ended up being perfect but was quite stressful for a short mintue :-). Another problem we had was that Carnival did not send down a list of my wedding guest boarding at Key West. I got a phone call from them saying they wouldn't let them on. I did have my folder with all my paperwork so I was able to send down my guest list and get them on with no problem. My husband was able to get dressed in our room while I went to hair appointment. He was long gone and having bloody mary's at the bar before I got back.

My hair appointment had me running a little late so I was still getting dressed when the photographer knocked on my door. He waited a few minutes and then took a few pictures in my room. By the way, I highly recommend getting a suite. It was wonderful! The Key West coordinator came to my door at 10 minutes till. She had a beautiful bouquet in hand for me. I was shocked at how pretty it was. My dad, sister (MOH), and coordinator made the trip to the wedding location. We were married in Vincent's Lounge. I loved this location because it had the big windows and had plenty of natural light. (The Gallery is where they usually do weddings on this ship but is on the inside of the ship and no outside light). Everyone was there and ready for me. It was soooo perfect. I was so happy to see my husband standing there about to cry. The ceremony was short and sweet. We did not choose to do any extras except we wrote and read our own vows. This had me a bit stressed but I'm so glad I did it. This was a surprise for all our wedding guest and we had them all crying :-) happy tears.

After the ceremony, we took a few family and group pictures and then the coordinators took us and our guest to the reception right across the hall (Blues Piano Bar). The food spread was AMAZING. Carnival is not known for their good food but this food was great. And a ton of it. We had an 1 hour reception and that amount of time was perfect because we all wanted to get off the ship at Key West and go celebrate. We did the cake cutting, toasting, and first dance. The piano player was able to play my first dance song (Over the Rainbow) and it was perfect. We had a ton of cake left over so they saved if for us and served at dinner for the rest of the week.

After the reception, we sent out guest to go change and get off the ship while we took pictures around the boat. This took about 45 min. Our photographer was excellent and took some great pictures. He really knew what he was doing. The only request I had was to take a picture in front of the Carnival smokestack. The pictures were ready a few days later and we met with photographer to pick out what we wanted. We went with the $760 package. You get 25 8x10's and 18 5x7's. And the disk with all those pictures. It broke my heart to know they just throw all the rest away :-(

We went to the room and changed (I had a more comfortable white dress from Old Navy I put on). We met our guest at the bar on Duvall street in Key West. We had a great time. That night, my husband had made us reservations at the steakhouse for just us 2.

We were on a week long cruise stopping at Freeport and Nassau, Bahamas. We all got off together at both of these stops. Went to a resort at Freeport and my husband and I had set up another reception at Atlantis in Nassau. My husband's company does conferences at Atlantis so we were able to work that out. It was very nice but eating on the beach sounded like a great idea until the flies showed up. We had a blast at the water park though.

In all, everything was wonderful. The only thing I would change would be the number of people that sailed with us for the week. I felt stressed wanting to make sure everyone was having a good time. Plus, I don't feel like we got much of a honeymoon.

I recieved my marriage certificate about week after we got home and we are enjoying wedding life ;-)

Let me know if you have any questions. I would love to help!

Hey Ladies! I hope this review helps. If you have already booked a Carnival wedding, you have made a wonderful decision!!!!!

We left out of New Orleans on Sunday, June 1st with 29 sailing guest. We got married on day 3 at the port of Key West. We choose an onboard wedding because we didn't want the stress and hassle of having to get off and get somewhere. The onboard wedding was the BEST decision!

The first night on the ship at dinner, my Carnival coordinator and the photographer came to our dinner table. Both were so nice and did an excellent job. We did find out that our wedding was an hour earlier than we thought because of the time change at Key West. I'm glad we found this out early enough because I had 2 guest boarding for the wedding. We set up a time to meet with the coordinator and go over any details. This was kinda like our rehersal. We only had a MOH and BM so there wasn't a lot to reherse.

The night before the wedding, my husband and I made the mistake of not making seating arrangements for our wedding guest. And this caused some unnecessary stress for us and our immediate family members. We had 3 tables for our wedding guest since there were 29 of us. Make sure you set up your parents and siblings to sit with you!

My wedding was at 10:30am and I had a hair appointment at 9:00am. This was not enough time! I am a simple person that doesn't need a lot of preperation but the hair dresser totally messed up my hair at first. I wanted it down but ended up having to wear it up because I looked like shirley temple. It ended up being perfect but was quite stressful for a short mintue :-). Another problem we had was that Carnival did not send down a list of my wedding guest boarding at Key West. I got a phone call from them saying they wouldn't let them on. I did have my folder with all my paperwork so I was able to send down my guest list and get them on with no problem. My husband was able to get dressed in our room while I went to hair appointment. He was long gone and having bloody mary's at the bar before I got back.

My hair appointment had me running a little late so I was still getting dressed when the photographer knocked on my door. He waited a few minutes and then took a few pictures in my room. By the way, I highly recommend getting a suite. It was wonderful! The Key West coordinator came to my door at 10 minutes till. She had a beautiful bouquet in hand for me. I was shocked at how pretty it was. My dad, sister (MOH), and coordinator made the trip to the wedding location. We were married in Vincent's Lounge. I loved this location because it had the big windows and had plenty of natural light. (The Gallery is where they usually do weddings on this ship but is on the inside of the ship and no outside light). Everyone was there and ready for me. It was soooo perfect. I was so happy to see my husband standing there about to cry. The ceremony was short and sweet. We did not choose to do any extras except we wrote and read our own vows. This had me a bit stressed but I'm so glad I did it. This was a surprise for all our wedding guest and we had them all crying :-) happy tears.

After the ceremony, we took a few family and group pictures and then the coordinators took us and our guest to the reception right across the hall (Blues Piano Bar). The food spread was AMAZING. Carnival is not known for their good food but this food was great. And a ton of it. We had an 1 hour reception and that amount of time was perfect because we all wanted to get off the ship at Key West and go celebrate. We did the cake cutting, toasting, and first dance. The piano player was able to play my first dance song (Over the Rainbow) and it was perfect. We had a ton of cake left over so they saved if for us and served at dinner for the rest of the week.

After the reception, we sent out guest to go change and get off the ship while we took pictures around the boat. This took about 45 min. Our photographer was excellent and took some great pictures. He really knew what he was doing. The only request I had was to take a picture in front of the Carnival smokestack. The pictures were ready a few days later and we met with photographer to pick out what we wanted. We went with the $760 package. You get 25 8x10's and 18 5x7's. And the disk with all those pictures. It broke my heart to know they just throw all the rest away :-(

We went to the room and changed (I had a more comfortable white dress from Old Navy I put on). We met our guest at the bar on Duvall street in Key West. We had a great time. That night, my husband had made us reservations at the steakhouse for just us 2.

We were on a week long cruise stopping at Freeport and Nassau, Bahamas. We all got off together at both of these stops. Went to a resort at Freeport and my husband and I had set up another reception at Atlantis in Nassau. My husband's company does conferences at Atlantis so we were able to work that out. It was very nice but eating on the beach sounded like a great idea until the flies showed up. We had a blast at the water park though.

In all, everything was wonderful. The only thing I would change would be the number of people that sailed with us for the week. I felt stressed wanting to make sure everyone was having a good time. Plus, I don't feel like we got much of a honeymoon.

I recieved my marriage certificate about week after we got home and we are enjoying wedding life ;-)

Let me know if you have any questions. I would love to help!

E-mail me at okmyers60@hotmail.com if you would like to see pictures. I think they are to big to upload on this site.

Thanks for the review - we are in the beginning stages and are torn as to get married right away on the ship (so some of our friends can come as non-sailing guests) since we live in Florida or do it on St Thomas (which limits the number of attendees).....this is second marriage for both so will be less formal (we are older 40's)

Do you have any pictures of the invitations you would be willing to show -

thanks again for the review; very insightful

Thanks for the review - we are in the beginning stages and are torn as to get married right away on the ship (so some of our friends can come as non-sailing guests) since we live in Florida or do it on St Thomas (which limits the number of attendees).....this is second marriage for both so will be less formal (we are older 40's)

Do you have any pictures of the invitations you would be willing to show -

thanks again for the review; very insightful

We did not do invitations. We simply sent out an e-mail to our family and close friends. We never expected so many to come with us!

We did not do invitations. We simply sent out an e-mail to our family and close friends. We never expected so many to come with us!

Thanks - I am stressing out about how to get the information to everyone......

• 1 month later...

Archived