What will make our honeymoon extra special?

I am taking my bride on our first cruise, on Mariner of the Seas, for our honeymoon. Any suggestions of things to do to make it extra special? This is only my second cruise(first was when I was twelve) so I am pretty clueless.

Thank you!

Congrats on the wedding/honeymoon.

I don't mean to offend, but are you saying that you need something to make this cruise more special? I mean, it is your honeymoon. The fact that you're sharing this vacation right after your wedding ... that (to me) would be pretty special.

But it would be extra romantic if you wanted to get a couples massage. I could never get my sweetie to do that. :)

You may want to check out the Royal Caribbean website. They have a bunch of Romance Packages with different amenities at different prices. Here is the link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000370zrAz5Z0XRXg_AS-lrVqS:v2mocajr?catCode=PACKGE Congrats on you wedding and you will have a great time on your cruise.

if you have a balcony cabin, have a "romantic honeymoon moment" on your balcony! ;) There just something about having "nookie" while the moon is out and the ocean is passing you by! If no balcony, explore the ship and find a 'secluded' spot near a window.

After almost 14 years of marriage, I still enjoy the "thrill"! :o

Jacquelyn :D

if you have a balcony cabin, have a "romantic honeymoon moment" on your balcony! ;) There just something about having "nookie" while the moon is out and the ocean is passing you by! If no balcony, explore the ship and find a 'secluded' spot near a window.

I'm afraid that if Naren and I tried to do this, the cruise line might ask us to not return! :D

Definitely looking forward to morning breakfast in bed/on balcony on our upcoming honeymoon cruise. Since I will be platinum we will be getting RCCL robes, but since its your second cruise you might want to pick up one of the romance packages. Also, laying out on the deck at night watching stars is very nice. Best of luck to the both of you.

I would love it if my husband called ahead and had flowers waiting for us when we arrived.

Simply knowing that you took the time to call ahead will make her feel so special.

It's a small thing..but to a woman it's always the "thought that counts"

If you remember one thing -- remember that.

JoshuaS99,

Congrats.................When are you going on this cruise? I am also taking my honeymoon on the Mariner. We are actually getting married on the ship before we leave port.

I think it will be special just being on our first cruise and being together.

Good luck to you and your bride.

I think it's very sweet and romantic that you want to make the honeymoon more special. Here are some ideas:

I agree with the flowers- see if you can get similar to the ones in her wedding bouquet.

Maybe one night you can have your first dance song played in the disco.

Go to a specialty restaurant one night and have a bottle of champagne.

Plan a picnic in a secluded cove on one of your ports days or somewhere on the ship.

"Buy" your new wife a star and point it out to her one night on the ship.

Take a limo to and from the ship.

Surprise her with some nice lingerie or a beautiful evening dress.

Buy yourself an article of clothing she's been wanting to see you in and surprise her by wearing it.

Tell her you've booked one category cabin and surprise her with a nicer one.

Book a spa service for her.

Arrange for the waiter to have her favorite drink waiting for her at dinner each night.

This should get you started. Best wishes.

IMHO, no matter where you're honeymooning, no matter what type of vacation, surprise your new bride witha heartfelt something. A piece of jewelry, flowers in the stateroom, just be creative. Nothing is better than a romantic surprise once all the fun of the wedding has subsided. :D A heartfelt card or letter would be a wonderful touch as well.

We have a cruise "tradition" that we started on our honeymoon which I look forward to every cruise...

On formal night, AFTER dinner, get your camera (if you don't already have it with you), and take your new wife on deck and say that you want to get some night shots her on the ship in her formal dress. Take tons of shots of her (assuming you have a digital camera like us with a big memory card) in different locations on deck. Let her pose for you at different spots outside. Let her take some pics of you, too. And, every now and then, you might ask someone walking by to take a quick pic of the both of you. Spend some time looking at the stars, too. I don't know what it is, but I look forward to this every cruise. You might try really high up on the open decks. There won't be many people (if any) there because of the wind, and it will feel more private. Dinner and formal pics are over, so who cares if her dress gets dirty or her hair windblown...

...disclaimer - her hair will get really messed up, so just reassure her that you'll wait while she fixes it in the cabin after you are done. Part of the romance is being on deck with the wind blowing - totally different from the "prim and proper" before and during dinner.

Archived