What is happening with the Mariner after April 2013

I have been gone from the boards for a while, so they may have been discussed. Looking to cruise out of Galveston Jan or Feb of 2014. I noticed the Navigator is taking the Mariner's place, also noticed the Navigator is not doing any January sailings. So I checked to see where the Mariner is going to discover nothing listed after April 2013

We just got back from the Voyager (Singapore to Shanghai June 2012).

Had a chat with the head waiter of Portofino who told us that the Voyager was fully booked through their Asian leg this year. The demand has been phenomenal. He said a single China travel agent could book the ENTIRE ship for a cruise. It is that hot.

No wonder Royal is sending the Mariner of the Seas to Asia next year.

We just got back from the Voyager (Singapore to Shanghai June 2012).

Had a chat with the head waiter of Portofino who told us that the Voyager was fully booked through their Asian leg this year. The demand has been phenomenal. He said a single China travel agent could book the ENTIRE ship for a cruise. It is that hot.

No wonder Royal is sending the Mariner of the Seas to Asia next year.

BBM

Very interesting.....

Thanks for sharing!

BBM

Very interesting.....

Thanks for sharing!

No problems. The head waiter told us many stories. I believe he is of Indian origin but had worked with Royal for many years. He sailed on the Legend for 3 years during Legend's Asian stints and he was only recently transferred to the Voyager. He was also very familiar with Singapore and complained that the new cruise terminal was a bit out-of-the way. The existing Harbourfront cruise terminal had many more amienities as it was located right smack beside a huge shopping mall which was also linked to the Harbourfront MRT station.

Any idea when it "might" be released ?

I guess shortly. Because in the press conference Fain and Goldstein said that in April of 2013 she will reposition to Asia. Since the first leg is from Galveston to Europe I assume, they have about 9 to 10 months to fill the ship for all three legs, or they will have to come with darn good prices:D

Archived