Could someone explain to me how tendering works?

dln929

We are tendered at two ports on the Solstice next week. I've been doing some reading so I know there's priority boarding, etc., and that I have to get a ticket (is that right?).

What I want to know is if the tendering boat runs back and forth all day or is it at very specific times only? For example, if we dock at 7 am and my husband and I oversleep and don't want to leave the ship until lunchtime, are we out of luck? Will we have missed all the tenders going to the port? And what about going back to the ship? Do we have to reserve a spot on the boat? This is all new to me!

Tenders go back and forth all day, after all of those with Ship booked excursions and priority tender tickets have been handled, they will make an announcement that all tenders are now open and you can go back and forth as you wish.

We are tendered at two ports on the Solstice next week. I've been doing some reading so I know there's priority boarding, etc., and that I have to get a ticket (is that right?).

What I want to know is if the tendering boat runs back and forth all day or is it at very specific times only? For example, if we dock at 7 am and my husband and I oversleep and don't want to leave the ship until lunchtime, are we out of luck? Will we have missed all the tenders going to the port? And what about going back to the ship? Do we have to reserve a spot on the boat? This is all new to me!

Tenders run continually back and forth between the ship and shore throughout the day (unless specify otherwise). Your daily newsletter will give specific tender instructions as well as PA announcement made throughout the ship on the day the ship arrives. Usually people with shore tours or suite passengers have priority tendering. At the gangway there is a board that list the last tender returning to the ship which is usually 1/2 hours prior to ship departure. It is your responsibility to make sure you get back to the ship in time. If you are on a ship's tours the tour company will ensure you return to the ship in plenty of time. Sometimes there is a short wait to return to the ship until the tender arrives and/or enough people fill up the tender so give your plenty of time if you need to get back to the ship at a specific time. Should you have any problems/issue there are shore side staff from Celebrity at the tendering pier in port.

Archived