Early saver rules

If you could help decipher this I would appreciate it as we are at lager heads with carnival.

Early saver states that for 6 day cruises and above you must book 5 months or more in advance.

If my cruise date is September 2nd what date would the 5 months have been?

Thanks

If you could help decipher this I would appreciate it as we are at lager heads with carnival.

Early saver states that for 6 day cruises and above you must book 5 months or more in advance.

If my cruise date is September 2nd what date would the 5 months have been?

Thanks

You need to actually choose the EARLY SAVER RATE when you book in order to receive the ES benefits. You wouldn't automatically get them just by booking early. As long as you are not expecting any last minute cancellations or name changes to your room I think the ES rate is the best to go with.

If the ES rate is not showing to pick as an option (like the Past guest rate, Military rate, Senior rate etc) then it is no longer available.

Hope this clarifies:

"Available on sailings 3 months prior to sail date for short cruises (5 days or less) and available on sailings 5 months prior to sail date for long cruises (6 days or longer). "

So your Sept 2 cruise should of had ES rates available upto April 2nd to book under.

Yes, I agree with wiskT but here is something you also should know about. With the early savor rate, you are at Carvival's mercy as to where your cabin is located because you can not pick your deck or cabin. It could be way on the lower decks or far aft or far forward. The point is the rear of the ship tends to vibrate because of the rudders. The front of the ship tends to bounce more in rouch weather. Also, you wil be farther from the dining areas, pool, etc. if you have a lousy location. If none of these things matters to you then, go for the cheap early savor booking. Look for early savor rate when booking.

With the early savor rate, you are at Carvival's mercy as to where your cabin is located because you can not pick your deck or cabin.

Ummm, that is NOT true. Early Saver is the lowest advertised fare once a sailing date is announced, up until 5 months before the sail date. For shorter cruises, it is until 3 months before the sail date. The deposit on an early saver booking is NON-refundable, but you absolutely, positively select your own cabin.

Yes, I agree with wiskT but here is something you also should know about. With the early savor rate, you are at Carvival's mercy as to where your cabin is located because you can not pick your deck or cabin. It could be way on the lower decks or far aft or far forward. The point is the rear of the ship tends to vibrate because of the rudders. The front of the ship tends to bounce more in rouch weather. Also, you wil be farther from the dining areas, pool, etc. if you have a lousy location. If none of these things matters to you then, go for the cheap early savor booking. Look for early savor rate when booking.

Yes you can pick you cabin. We are booked early saver right now and picked the porthole cabin we wanted. My 1st cruise we booked early saver and picked the verandah suite (Fantasy ship) that we wanted.

This is not true. I was able to choose my cabin. Proably because I was a past guest, but I do believe that you can choose your cabin because that is how you get the category assigned.

Not! With early Saver you do pick your exact cabin. The booking you are describing is a "Guarantee".

Our first cruise was booked early saver and we chose our deck & cabin and were assigned to that deck & cabin when we boarded. We also booked our honeymoon (this coming September) as early saver and were again given the option to choose our deck & cabin. I don't know if it's that way with every cruise, but I know we were given the option both times we've booked...

Sorry, I stand corrected. It was the Fun Savor that I was thinking of. You are correct. BUT, Most of the guarenteed Early Savor cabins have two twin beds that can not be converted. Check the legend and symbols to be sure. And yes, the deposit is non refundable. So if you tell them you can not go, even before final payment, you will lose it.

Thanks

Sorry, I stand corrected. It was the Fun Savor that I was thinking of. You are correct. BUT, Most of the guarenteed Early Savor cabins have two twin beds that can not be converted. Check the legend and symbols to be sure. And yes, the deposit is non refundable. So if you tell them you can not go, even before final payment, you will lose it.

Thanks

Also not true, and still confusing. NO Early Saver cabins are guarantees. You choose the cabin and the location. You also choose your bed configuration. DH and I booked a port hole on the Imagination in January. We asked for a king bed and got a king bed. As far as I know, the only cabins where you can't change the configurations are the 1As.

LOL!!

Of course the beds can be converted.. why would the beds have anything to do with Early Saver? And "guaranteed" and "early saver" are two different things. A guarantee booking is - YOU pick a category type (inside, ocean view, balcony) and Carnival picks your location. You may end up with a great room in a great location... or you may not; that's the risk. An early saver booking is exactly as previously described. YOU pick your cabin type AND location and watch the fares for any decrease in price that you may apply for.

My early saver rate disappeared 150 days before saildate. Saildate October 13,2012, last date with ES was May 15. I was watching hoping a friend could book before it disappeared. So 5 months before saildate means 5 times 30 days for each month.

Thanks

very FEW cabins have beds that do not convert. Almost ALL carnival cabins have twin beds that convert to a king bed.

you can not book a guarantee early saver rate- you MUST book your cabin #

you do not lose your deposit- you lose 50 bucks pp and they hold 200 for a future cruise (that you gotta book within the year)

I hope you do not have an agent that is giving you all this wrong information.

No, i booked early saver rate on my 1st cruise last summer. And i chose my room and the deck i wanted to be on ,on the same day i booked.

We book our cruises a year or two in advance, always Early Saver. We have gotten several price drops. But we have had to cancel a few also, and lost $50 each time. The remainder of the deposit is held as future cruise credit and I think we had 2 years to use it, which is never a problem. We booked a quickie cruise in January and had almost enough future cruise credit to pay for the whole thing! :)

My early saver rate disappeared 150 days before saildate. Saildate October 13,2012, last date with ES was May 15. I was watching hoping a friend could book before it disappeared. So 5 months before saildate means 5 times 30 days for each month.

From my experience this is the correct answer. ES has disappeared at 150 days before my sail date on my 7 or 8 day cruises, and 90 says for my 5 day cruise.

Sharon

At first I though OCD rate was a joke meaning I was being OCD in the TA's opinion.

Turns out she kept telling me I was early saver and I am not I am under an OCD rate and now have had final payment cannot get any further price drops.:eek:

The only thing I am able to do is upgrade - but then I loose my $200 OBC.:(

Will not be using her again.

Actually there are plenty of cabins that do not convert.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/deckplan.aspx

This is just one example. Look at the legend on the bottom and it says two twins that do NOT convert. You have to ask or you have to know where to look at a legend that is accurate. You could wind up getting bunk beds if you don't know what to ask for. The pictures are just stock pictures. They do not represent the actual room. Check this legend out from Vacations to go.

http://www.*************.com/deck_plans/Carnival_Dream/Deck_2_-_Main.cfm

This one give a good detail of what is in each room.

Thanks

Archived