New Show to open on trans-canal cruise

CathyCanada

Disney Cruise Line is proud to announce a brand new original musical that will open on the westbound Trans-Canal voyage of the Disney Magic on May 25, 2005. The show is called "Twice Charmed - An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story," and it is based on the classic Disney film, "Cinderella."

The show begins at the end of the famous story as Cinderella and her Prince are wed. However, Cinderella's evil stepmother, Lady Tremaine, and her obnoxious stepsisters believe that if it weren't for the glass slippers, Cinderella would never have won the heart of the prince. They call upon Lady Tremaine's evil Fairy Godfather for help, and trouble ensues.

spacer.gifspacer.gifThe show features six original songs and two classic songs from the film. Disney Cruise Line guests are sure to experience the story of Cinderella in a whole new way with this production.

This new show will replace "Hercules - the Muse-ical" onboard the Disney Magic. The last performance of "Hercules - the Muse-ical" on the Disney Magic will take place during the April 9, 2005 voyage. In the meantime, Disney Magic voyages beginning April 16, 2005 through May 7, 2005 will feature a special evening of entertainment. The April 16th and 23rd voyages will feature the Bumblesquats, known for their amazingly hilarious and artful "cirque-like" entertainment. Magician Mike Super will be featured on the April 30th voyage and the juggling team of Wilde & Haines will be onboard the May 7th sailing.

"Twice Charmed - An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story" will only be performed on the Disney Magic. The Disney Wonder will continue to feature "Hercules - the Muse-ical."

Personally I am very happy to hear that this new show is replacing the old Hercules show. After hearing everyone rave about it, I was very disappointed with it on our cruise. The performers were great, I just didn't like the play/story line itself. Besides, it's always good to see new shows rather than old ones! :)

Hey Cathy! :) I'm doing fine, thanks. How are you??? :)

We were supposed to be cruising on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas, sailing out of the fairly new "Cape Liberty Cruise Port", in New Jersey, on June 17th. But we had a rough winter here (south of Boston) and my sons ended up having 7 snow days, so we had to cancel the cruise. However, the silver liner is that now we're going to Disney World instead :D Starting out at the Wilderness Lodge concierge and then moving to the Polynesian concierge, lagoon view. I'm excited, we've never stayed at either of those resorts yet!

And of course we have our Disney cruise to look forward to, for next summer. We did a Disney cruise last August, and we asked DSs if they'd rather do the Voyager next summer, but they both said they'd rather do another Disney cruise. Older DS will be 18 by then! LOL He'll be allowed in the adults-only areas...that'll be interesting. lol

I hope you and your family are doing well, Cathy! :)

Archived