Sea Lion at Coral World vs. Dolphin with Celebrity

NovCruisin

Sea Lion vs Dolphins  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Sea Lion vs Dolphins

• Sea Lion at Coral World
    • Dolphins with Celebrity

Both cost roughly the same amount...which would be better, the sea lion excursion at coral world or the dolphin excursion with celebrity (in tortola)? Thanks!

I've done both and enjoyed them both immensely. However, if I could only chose one, I'd probably pick the dolphin excursion. There are different levels of interaction with the dolphins and I'm not sure what Celebrity offers because we went through another ship excursion (I actually think we booked independently). We did the royal swim where we cold actually swim with the dolphins.

You won't go wrong with either choice, though.

Both cost roughly the same amount...which would be better, the sea lion excursion at coral world or the dolphin excursion with celebrity (in tortola)? Thanks!

Here is a few pics from each place:

DSC02592.jpg

P2220054.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are thinking of doing the sea lion experience at coral world as we've "done" dolphins before. Does anyone know if it's suitable for young children ?

Have people done this on their own ? if so how did they get to Coral world ?

Hi we are thinking of doing the sea lion experience at coral world as we've "done" dolphins before. Does anyone know if it's suitable for young children ?

Have people done this on their own ? if so how did they get to Coral world ?

It is easy to grab a cab back and forth to Coral World, but we ended up booking with the ship instead of on our own. Since, the tour sizes are limited (maybe 8-10 per group), I wouldn't personally risk going without a reservation. There is plenty for young children to see and do at Coral World, but I'm not sure the sea lion swim would be suitable. You get into a fairly small pool with the sea lions and interact with them on the deck as well. Our sea lion, Franco, weighed around 400lbs if I'm remembering correctly. The other lions ween't quite as big. I would go to their website and see if they have age restrictions. There were children there, but they were not super young.

Thanks for the messages, I have booked it with the cruise line as it was cheaper in total than cost direct with coral world.

Does anyone know how many people get in the water at once ? we are a group of 10 (all ages) but we have a toddler with us, so hoping only half in the water at a time. The others can play with the baby

We're going to be in St. Thomas in August and were thinking of doing the sea lions as an option. We have done the dolphin swim twice in Cozumel and this looks like fun too.

I have had some trouble finding a way to book this (or maybe I just don't understand the options) directly with Coral World. Does someone have a link to the booking information?

I want to price it out and then see what the cruise line is offering the same thing at so I can compare.

Archived