Showboaters - Ashanti vs Claudia - Dream June 2012

During our first day on board the Dream (9 June) we did a double take when we saw Claudia, the controversial of the Showboaters bunch, with Jon from last years Showteam. Sure enough, Claudia had joined the "new" team led by Paul Fisher, that took over from Stephen Guy's troupe on 16 June.

Was interesting to compare both Showboaters - in summary I'd say Ashanti has much more chance of "making it" as a recording artist - what a voice! She was very good in the limited shows she took part in, probably standing out most with her turn in the Burlesque show.

On the otherhand Claudia will probably end up being a solid Showteam member or supporting act in musicals outside the cruise world. He highlight for me was probably as the young Simba in the new Broadway Blitz (Cats is still the opener, followed by Chicago then Lion King).

Both girls were sociable, Ashanti said hi to us as we entered the Broadway lounge on the first night and she was leaving after her first show there for a break.

Claudia, who was the villain of the Showboaters piece really was in amongst it all - at the Deck party, in the Medusa at night, mixing with passengers and dancing along with the team while others sing. Was good to see she's not evil as the TV show led me to believe ;)

Sorry Flopsy, I was perhaps a bit unclear - I was onboard for a fortnight where Ashanti and the "old" team had their last week of shows, and the new team including Claudia had its first week.

That means you'll still see Claudia when you cruise in a couple of months - enjoy :)

Archived