June 2012 Carnival Fantasy Review With Pictures

Thanks, we did have a good time. I really want to do another itinerary the next time we cruise so I probably won't be back on the fantasy for some time. I am leaning to the western caribbean.

Since you enjoyed the Fantasy, you may want to consider the 7-day itinerary they do several times a year. We cruised it last August and it was fantastic, we would totally do it again! Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk.

We also took the 10# jitney to get to the Sheraton, we loved getting some local color. Our driver had a Glade air freshener he sprayed when we were sitting there waiting for others to board, it made us LOL! :cool: The Sheraton was great, we plan on going there again sometime.

DSC02751.JPG

Towel critter and baby towel critter...I think its supposed to be a seal

IMG_8215.JPG

The kiddos goofing around

IMG_8599.JPG

IMG_8638.JPG

What a beautiful sunset for the last day at sea

Hi! Very nice review and absolutely these are some of the best sunset pictures I have ever seen. Thanks for taking the time to post your review. :)

Since you enjoyed the Fantasy, you may want to consider the 7-day itinerary they do several times a year. We cruised it last August and it was fantastic, we would totally do it again! Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk.

We did this 7 day on the Fantasy last year and it is awesome! (It was my 3rd time on the Fantasy!) Two fantastic Beach Days with great snorkeling on the Grand Turk day. You will love it!

Fantastic review and great photos! I'll be leaving on the Fantasy this coming Saturday (whoo hooo!!!) and seeing your pictures and time-lapsed video is getting me even more excited!

I have a question regarding your time-lapsed video. Did you create it using snapshots of photos taken, or did you shoot video of different scenes on the ship, then create the video? I would love to create a time-lapsed video of my trip in addition to having the pictures. TIA! :)

Thank you so much! I have really enjoyed your review. If you ever get to Myrtle Beach, stop by the Flea Market in Surfside & introduce yourself. Im in building G @ Sassy Lady. :D

I love Myrtle Beach. I have been going there for most of my vacations. I'll be sure to look you up.

We also took the 10# jitney to get to the Sheraton, we loved getting some local color. Our driver had a Glade air freshener he sprayed when we were sitting there waiting for others to board, it made us LOL! :cool: The Sheraton was great, we plan on going there again sometime.

Babyblue, thanks for letting me know. I have heard some nice things about Half moon cay. I'll check it out.

That is too funny about the driver and the glade air freshner....

Hi! Very nice review and absolutely these are some of the best sunset pictures I have ever seen. Thanks for taking the time to post your review. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I have been trying to get better with my photos. I've always loved taking pictures.

When I took the sunset pictures, I had this young fellow, probably 12yrs old, come over and basically tell me everything I should be doing. His mom came over slightly embarrassed and introduced herself and then apologized. I told her no problem he was giving me some pointers.

I enjoyed your review and pictures! I think I will go look at the Carnival website and look at Charleston! Thanks for taking us with you. Great family BTW!

Thanks Betty, Charleston is a great place in my opinion. I have always wanted to live there or close by.

We did this 7 day on the Fantasy last year and it is awesome! (It was my 3rd time on the Fantasy!) Two fantastic Beach Days with great snorkeling on the Grand Turk day. You will love it!

kjunea, the snorkeling sounds very fun. My wife fell in love with snorkeling when we went to St. Marteen in 08. I'll have to check this intinary out.

Loved your review. I have been considering taking a cruise out of the Charleston SC port and this provided and excellent look at what it would be like! Thank you for all the pictures of the ship as well. You have a lovely family and I'm so glad you enjoyed your cruise!

On our first cruise-me, DH and DS had a small inside cabins on the riviera deck of an RCCL ship. TWR--teeny weeny room :D But we had a BLAST!!!! And we would do it again if it meant going on a cruise vacation!

Excellent job on the formal night pictures too!

Oh...I always take a small extension cord with me...not a power stip but it still could take 3 plugs...on all my carnival cruises I've never had it confiscated??? I also take a multi plug that has 2 usb ports. Hmmm...

Happy cruising!

Fantastic review and great photos! I'll be leaving on the Fantasy this coming Saturday (whoo hooo!!!) and seeing your pictures and time-lapsed video is getting me even more excited!

I have a question regarding your time-lapsed video. Did you create it using snapshots of photos taken, or did you shoot video of different scenes on the ship, then create the video? I would love to create a time-lapsed video of my trip in addition to having the pictures. TIA! :)

Cruisediva, I'm glad your enjoying the review and I hope you have a great cruise.

The time lapse video was created by taking snapshots and then I used Microsoft movie maker to put them all together. If I had to do it again I would use only one SD card while doing this and another for the rest of the photos I took. It was aggravating going thru the time lapse pics to get the others out. I also would have saved the video in a bigger file after I published it. I had the option to compress it which I did, and the quality wasn't as good as I was looking for. The hard part about doing the pictures while on the ship is that the ship is rocking and rolling constantly. It comes out much better in calm seas.

Have a great cruise!

Loved your review. I have been considering taking a cruise out of the Charleston SC port and this provided and excellent look at what it would be like! Thank you for all the pictures of the ship as well. You have a lovely family and I'm so glad you enjoyed your cruise!

On our first cruise-me, DH and DS had a small inside cabins on the riviera deck of an RCCL ship. TWR--teeny weeny room :D But we had a BLAST!!!! And we would do it again if it meant going on a cruise vacation!

Excellent job on the formal night pictures too!

Oh...I always take a small extension cord with me...not a power stip but it still could take 3 plugs...on all my carnival cruises I've never had it confiscated??? I also take a multi plug that has 2 usb ports. Hmmm...

Happy cruising!

Cobra, glad you liked the review. I wanted to pay it forward after reading some great reviews from folks who took the time to do it. I have always enjoyed Charleston and the surrounding areas.

Cruisediva, I'm glad your enjoying the review and I hope you have a great cruise.

The time lapse video was created by taking snapshots and then I used Microsoft movie maker to put them all together. If I had to do it again I would use only one SD card while doing this and another for the rest of the photos I took. It was aggravating going thru the time lapse pics to get the others out. I also would have saved the video in a bigger file after I published it. I had the option to compress it which I did, and the quality wasn't as good as I was looking for. The hard part about doing the pictures while on the ship is that the ship is rocking and rolling constantly. It comes out much better in calm seas.

Have a great cruise!

Ok great! Thanks for this info. :)

The evening began with our family taking pictures in our cruise elegant attire. Carnival has to make a ton of money on pictures. They had no less than 10 places set up to snap a photo. We posed for a few of the photographers but did not purchase any of them. I brought my tripod and took a few ourselves.

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

IMG_3252%2520%25281%2529.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

When we arrived back our room we were greeted by this towel critter

What a beautiful family!! You all look wonderful!!!!!

What a wonderful review. LOVED the time lapse as well. It was like ZOOOOOOM!!!! WEEEEEEE!!!! I swear I could hear Benny Hill music in my head while watching the lido pool in time lapse. HAHA!

I am soooo ready for our 7day cruise now. I am going to have to have extra notebooks for my 7 day review.

My apologies if this has been asked but can you tell me what type of camera you had? Ours passed away on our last cruise and we are looking for a camera before our next sailing.

Thanks for the excellent review! I really enjoyed reading it -- great looking family too. I'm glad you guys had fun. ;)

4hunters,

Thanks, I am grateful to have had the opportunity to go on this cruise. At one point I didn't think we were going to be able to do it financially. I'm glad you enjoyed the review.

Archived