Splitting up OBC

Cruisingzs

We are the recent recipients of a great ES price drop. There is now $620 OBC for one of our cabins with 3 people. How will that get divided since each will have a different Sail and sign account>

TIA!

BTW, our 2 person cabin got a $400 discount and we leave July 8th on the Magic! Can't believe we got so much this late in the game!

It's my understanding that it will be divided equally among each S&S account in a cabin. That being said, my only experience is with two people per cabin; I'm assuming it works the same way with passengers 3 or 4?? I'm sure someone will be along that has an absolute answer.

Congrats on the great price drop :)

If it is like any OBC I have had, it is split between the all those in the Cabin.

Each of you will have your own Folio #

and each of you will be billed for what you pull out your card for.

So if you buy a round of drinks, using your S&S Card, it is all bill to your Folio #

Allthough, if any are minor children, I do not think it is split with them.

Ditto to what they said...

you can also go to guest services and have the credit moved/removed if all parties agree (have seen this done when a Mom paid for her adult daughter's cruise but wanted the perk/credit for her own use LOL)

On the Magic last year we were in 3 cabins and the OBC provided by our travel agent was applied entirely to the first person in each cabin. It was easy enough to go to Guest Services and ask them to split it appropriately.

This is obviously slightly different than early saver price drop OBC, but just wanted to say that it isn't a hassle at all to have it redistributed, assuming the person who starts with the credit is present.

Duane-O

ditto to what they said...

You can also go to guest services and have the credit moved/removed if all parties agree (have seen this done when a mom paid for her adult daughter's cruise but wanted the perk/credit for her own use lol)

not for me. Like the mom..i pay for our cruises. Dh pays for land vacation. When i get obc..i want it. I did the work. I did the research. I checked the price everyday.

I have never been able to get them to give it all to me. Never.

Now on princess...he gets $100 for his military service. That always goes just to him..as it should he is the one who toted the rifle for the usa.

We had 18 people in a group (family) on the Liberty recently. I had accumulated over $2000 in OBC due to price drops.

We also moved some people around once we got on board but OBC didn't follow them.

As others have said, a trip to Guest Services with *all* parties that are involved in the transaction is all that is needed. Be sure to have figured out ahead of time "We need $xx transferred from folio #yyyy to folio #zzzz," so you don't clog up the line trying to figure that out. Write it down so you don't confused when you get there.

We did this and it wasn't a pain at all.

GP

We are the recent recipients of a great ES price drop. There is now $620 OBC for one of our cabins with 3 people. How will that get divided since each will have a different Sail and sign account>

TIA!

BTW, our 2 person cabin got a $400 discount and we leave July 8th on the Magic! Can't believe we got so much this late in the game!

I am on this sailing too!!! I have also gotten a lot of OBC....lucky us! :rolleyes: By the way, you may wish to continue checking the Carnival website for any further reductions. There are a lot of empty cabins!

Our family divides it up between us, trusting that we play fair! We collect the receipts so we can ballance it out

That works for some and obviously if the OP had that situation they would not ask.

I cruise with friends..and sometimes friends of friends..family of friends, and others who join the group...so things are not always so cut and dry

Like I said...my friend paid her adult daughter's way for the cruise with the idea that the daughter would handle her own tips, sign and sail....

we had to have both of them at the front desk to move the credit but it was done

Up until recently we had a problem the FCC>>> it would be split between 2 singles and that sometimes caused hard feelings....Carnival would not move it and we had to get the person who did not "deserve" it to give the cash or whatever to the other

But now they have "finally" fixed that...I had a FCC on last cruise and it was rightfully applied just to me

There are many scenarios where the credit should be divided differently.

Especially with teens/young adults cruising with parents....with friends cruising together....and whatever

The key is to get all the parties involved together, and go to front desk. I like Guitar Player's idea of writing it all down and getting it all clear.

Also for those in these sort of "odd" situations you might want to lay it out before you cruise to keep things "straight". HTH

I am on this sailing too!!! I have also gotten a lot of OBC....lucky us! :rolleyes: By the way, you may wish to continue checking the Carnival website for any further reductions. There are a lot of empty cabins!

Great to know!!!! See you soon!

Archived