Gsc

fairytrails

I know I have asked this b4 but that was a while ago and many have cruised since.. As a TA I see NCL is offering a beach bundle on GSC as an excursion package, $50 but for the life of me I can not find what it includes and when I call NCL they tell me it can not be booked until on the ship and then there will be a discription. All well and good but it can be booked I have the capability but I am now so curious as to what it may include. Has anyone recently been to GSC and booked this item?

I know I have asked this b4 but that was a while ago and many have cruised since.. As a TA I see NCL is offering a beach bundle on GSC as an excursion package, $50 but for the life of me I can not find what it includes and when I call NCL they tell me it can not be booked until on the ship and then there will be a discription. All well and good but it can be booked I have the capability but I am now so curious as to what it may include. Has anyone recently been to GSC and booked this item?

I was on the Sky in April and don't remember anything like this! I'll be back sailing to the Bahamas next summer with young kids so I'm pretty interested in this as well!! :cool:

What is GSC?

Great Stirrup Cay, Norwegian's private island.

And not sure what this is but it sounds like a bundle of some things you would rent on GSC? Like a float/snorkel gear?

From NCL: Cost $84

Your private cabana comes with everything you need to enjoy your stay on the Cay. Start your day with priority tender tickets, making it easy to get ashore. Bottled water and fruit await your arrival. Once you have settled in; enjoy the sea on a complementary float and all day access to the Hippo water slide. You’ll also receive a $50 credit towards food and beverages while on the Cay. Note: You may have the use of the cabana for the entire day. Price listed is per cabana (not per person) and is good for up to 6 guests; therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Use of the Hippo slide requires a waiver to be completed by each person staying in the cabana and will be delivered to your stateroom. Hippo water slide participants must be at least 42 inches in height.

From NCL: Cost $84

Your private cabana comes with everything you need to enjoy your stay on the Cay. Start your day with priority tender tickets, making it easy to get ashore. Bottled water and fruit await your arrival. Once you have settled in; enjoy the sea on a complementary float and all day access to the Hippo water slide. You’ll also receive a $50 credit towards food and beverages while on the Cay. Note: You may have the use of the cabana for the entire day. Price listed is per cabana (not per person) and is good for up to 6 guests; therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Use of the Hippo slide requires a waiver to be completed by each person staying in the cabana and will be delivered to your stateroom. Hippo water slide participants must be at least 42 inches in height.

I thought the price of the private cabana was $250

Yes the cabana is 249.00 but I do not see any clamshells any more. Maybe it is a clamshell package? Wish I could get an answer from NCL?

The clamshells are not listed. If you want one go to the excursions desk as soon as you board. I believe it was $29.00 for one (holds two people)

Thank You for lall your responses but I still have no idea what is included in a beach bundle? Also I am about 4 months out and do not see any parasailing at GSC. Can anyone tell me if they recebtly have sone this? I did it a coupke of years ago and really enjoyed it and would like to recommend it to a large group I have going in Oct.

I just looked at myncl and didn't see anything like what you are describing and I'm also sailing in October...On a side note, thanks for making me go look up excursions...We recently booked the Breakaway for Nov. '13 and were dismayed to see the Cabanas weren't available while all other excursions were (we figured they were already booked up). When I just checked, they were listed, and we hurried to book two separate Cabanas for our family group cruise!

Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Don't know about price differences. On the NCL excursion site that I quoted this from, it shows $84. You can check it out on the NCL website and look under excursions for GSC.

Whatever the cost, sounds like a good deal???:D

You're reading it wrong...the excursion above it, parasailing, is $84. The Cabana is $249...the price is listed below the description.

I wish it were $84, I booked it for our cruise next month. I still think $249 is a good deal considering we paid MUCH more on Castaway Cay!

You're reading it wrong...the excursion above it, parasailing, is $84. The Cabana is $249...the price is listed below the description.

I wish it were $84, I booked it for our cruise next month. I still think $249 is a good deal considering we paid MUCH more on Castaway Cay!

I personally think $249 is insane. Its a nice little hike over there. The beach is not as nice as the main beach. Even with 50 bucks of food it still not worth it (to me). The clam shells are $29 and very close to the beach. Most people really aren't even there that long. Most folks seemed to arrive between noon and 1pm and leave around 4

I personally think $249 is insane. Its a nice little hike over there. The beach is not as nice as the main beach. Even with 50 bucks of food it still not worth it (to me). The clam shells are $29 and very close to the beach. Most people really aren't even there that long. Most folks seemed to arrive between noon and 1pm and leave around 4

That's probably why there are so few of them. If they don't fill them, they'll reduce the price.

I dunno, $250 gets you the cabana, the slide for 6 people and a 12 pack (and priority tender service for what it's worth). I also think they bring your food from the buffet, which would be cool but we aren't the sort to have someone do that for us.

Since we are only off the boat a few times and given what other things cost it doesn't seem too bad to me.

We've already booked ours for our trip. We may change our mind before sailing, but I don't think so.

Archived