Cozumel

CRUISEMAMMA

I was just looking for some info on Cozumel. We were looking at a 4 or 5 day cruise to Cozumel but it looks like we wouldn't get there til 1 pm. My brother had told me most of the resorts and shops close at 6 pm limiting our time to do anything. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Do things close up at 6 pm? I am not reffering to the bars. Thank you

We just visited Coz on the Paradise, we were there 11- 8. Had to be back on the ship by 7:30 pm. Coz is an hour difference, so 7:30 on the ship was 6:30 in Coz. The vendors at the pier were open when we boarded, you have to go thru the market to get to the pier. We did not stay on the westside but instead chose to see the beautiful eastside of Coz by booking on The Cozumel Bar Hop. Pictures do not do it justice. It was great. I posted a review with more pics. You can probably get more answers by posting on the port of call board, not sure exactly what you are wanting to do? beach, dolphins, park?

Paradise2012Cruise262.jpg

Paradise2012Cruise257.jpg

Happy Sailing,

Don't know where you are planning to cruise from, but the 4 and 5 day cruises on the Triumph out of Galveston always get into Cozumel in the morning, 8 or 9 am, and leave 3 or 4 pm. I know that different ships will have different itineraries, but since the Carnival ships dock at their pier, all of the shopping and restaurants will be open until the ship leaves, like another poster said. Since the island is so dependent on the cruise ship passengers, I would think that as long as a ship is in port, everything would be open, but can't speak from personal experience to that point, since I have always been there during the day.

We have done the Cozumel Bar Hop twice. Will do it again. Loved every minute & every beach. Best excursion EVER !:D

Can you explain this one to me .I looked at it but it seems we pay around $50 pp and then we pay at the bars we go to for food and drink. Seems like an expensive day for us ;)

Can you explain this one to me .I looked at it but it seems we pay around $50 pp and then we pay at the bars we go to for food and drink. Seems like an expensive day for us ;)

You get a free drink at each bar. Sometimes chips and salsa. Food is extra. It's so worth it. I've done it twice and will do it again.

I stopped drinking at the 3rd bar as the drinks were so STRONG!

You get a free drink at each bar. Sometimes chips and salsa. Food is extra. It's so worth it. I've done it twice and will do it again.

I stopped drinking at the 3rd bar as the drinks were so STRONG!

Is this a ships tour?

Is this a ships tour?

Stu,

Independent, Tom sets everything up for you, he's fabulous and Colleen is a great guide. I think we passed one propane truck on the road on the way over. That side of the island is shut down at dusk, even the bars. It's a great day to see the beautiful side and very peaceful, at Rasta's I just swung in the hammock and never wanted to leave. Jimmy Buffet bars on the beach.

This side of the island has no electricity, everything is run by generators or propane brought in daily. The views are spectacular, not alot of people either. You get one shot at each stop, usually about 45 min each place, there are a few souvenier places, but you get to meet & talk with locals and just take in the views. Food was very good too. Prices are not bad, I ordered chips/salsa and a HUGE margarita for $18. Rasta's I ordered 2 beers and a large margarita for $11.

IMG_20120531_170054.jpg

Rastas & locals, she is the owners daughter.

Paradise2012Cruise176.jpg

Paradise2012Cruise266.jpg

Paradise2012Cruise331.jpg

Coconuts bar, great place.

IMG_20120531_165048.jpg?t=1338832769

Coconut shrimp

Paradise2012Cruise180.jpg

Chicken nachos w/goat cheese, yum!

Stu,

Independent, Tom sets everything up for you, he's fabulous and Colleen is a great guide. I think we passed one propane truck on the road on the way over. That side of the island is shut down at dusk, even the bars. It's a great day to see the beautiful side and very peaceful, at Rasta's I just swung in the hammock and never wanted to leave. Jimmy Buffet bars on the beach.

This side of the island has no electricity, everything is run by generators or propane brought in daily. The views are spectacular, not alot of people either. You get one shot at each stop, usually about 45 min each place, there are a few souvenier places, but you get to meet & talk with locals and just take in the views. Food was very good too. Prices are not bad, I ordered chips/salsa and a HUGE margarita for $18. Rasta's I ordered 2 beers and a large margarita for $11.

IMG_20120531_170054.jpg

Rastas & locals, she is the owners daughter.

Paradise2012Cruise176.jpg

Paradise2012Cruise266.jpg

Paradise2012Cruise331.jpg

Coconuts bar, great place.

IMG_20120531_165048.jpg?t=1338832769

Coconut shrimp

Paradise2012Cruise180.jpg

Chicken nachos w/goat cheese, yum!

We would love to see the island but I just cannot justify paying $50 pp to be driven around to spend more money.Im not cheap at all but Nachi Cocum is all inclusive and they treat us awesome for $50 pp.I think we may try Mr. Sanchos our next cruise pretty much same price but looks like a better(more authentic) menu. have you ever tried either one ?

We would love to see the island but I just cannot justify paying $50 pp to be driven around to spend more money.Im not cheap at all but Nachi Cocum is all inclusive and they treat us awesome for $50 pp.I think we may try Mr. Sanchos our next cruise pretty much same price but looks like a better(more authentic) menu. have you ever tried either one ?

We wanted something not so cookie cutter, my oldest son was with us on this trip and wanted to see the more natural, untouched part of the island with fewer people which is why we chose this. My 22 yr old told me after this, it was the best day of the cruise. Pretty much any excursion is going to cost you $$, money wasn't the issue here, the actual feeling was. You could stand out in the water looking at the Jaguar rock, which we were told by the locals was an object the Mayans traveled to and paid their homage too and just imagine them standing there. Colleen gave us alot of history of the island also and even spoke some Mayan language for us, she said some of the locals still speak it.

I have not tried Nachi yet, probably will in the future since only 100 people a day are allowed, not sure about Sanchos, I hear that can get crowded, we are from FL, so beaches, all inclusive and tourists are we are made of, so we get enough of that, we wanted views and culture and great photo ops which was what we got on this trip, along with it being fun, lol, when we go on vacation, its for what I want, not what I can justify and like any female, I will pay the cost if I truly want it.:p

Happy Sailing,

The Cozumel Bar Hop rocks. It is a complete different experience then my past 4 trips to cozumel. I've done the typical beach experience like paradise beach or snorkeled at the Money Bar. None of them compare to the great experince my wife and I had on the other side of the island on the Cozumel Bar Hop.

I've been to Nachi twice and it's just the best day ever!! Food is great, unlimited drinks, service is okay, beach is nice and not crowded. I've enjoyed it and so have DH and my best friend; on two different trips.

I too have wanted to try different things - but was wondering what the cab to Nachi Cocum is... apparently the bar hop tour is the 'cab' around the island? I guess that $ should be factored in... I will look into price comparisons for our Sept visit...so much to do, so little time. . . & it's all good!!:p

I too have wanted to try different things - but was wondering what the cab to Nachi Cocum is... apparently the bar hop tour is the 'cab' around the island? I guess that $ should be factored in... I will look into price comparisons for our Sept visit...so much to do, so little time. . . & it's all good!!:p

I think it was around $15 each way

Pez Quadro Resort

Hotel Address: 40 cannons

Phone: USA (813) 435-3148

Cost: transportation $3.00pp

Alcohol day pass: $35.00

Non-Alcohol day pass: $23.00

Hope this helps, not real sure if info is current but this is what I could find from our cruise in 2009.

183082_1424907722897_1344099_n.jpg

181557_1424907362888_8041970_n.jpg

This where we went, the price included a snack each, a beach chair and umbrella. Massages were available for $20, jet ski and boat rentals were also, available. The bar is located behind the chairs along with a cafe for lunch.

Pez Quadro is Costa Maya -- not Cozumel. It is, however a beautiful stretch of beach in the village of Majahual away from the manufactured port. Food and drink prices are much cheaper than the port. And cab price was what we saw on our last visit $3 to and $2 back for a 10 minute ride.

Archived