Oasis June 16th, Eastern Caribbean trip report

This is my first trip report! My name is Andrea and my husband David and I are from The Woodlands, Texas and have three kids....an 11 year old girl and five year old twin girls. We cruise with my cousin's family and my aunt, so there were 12 of us total. My apologies to the roll call group for never making it to the M&M. We fully intended to, but things got away from us.

We left on Friday the 15th and took an 8:15 flight from Houston Hobby. It was a very full direct flight. We purchased the Cruise package from Embassy Suites which includes transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport. This couldn't have been easier! When we arrived at Ft. Lauderdale we called the concierge at ES to let them know we had arrived. A few minutes later their driver called my cell phone to let me know where he would be waiting for us outside. It was a short trip to the hotel, and there was no line at the check-in desk. My husband waited with the bags while I made arrangements for our transportation to the cruise terminal tomorrow morning. Our room was already ready even though it was only 12:30. I had requested a high room with a view of the port and that's exactly what they gave me. The whole check in process was really quick and easy. Here's a photo of our room....by afternoon we had already made a mess:room.jpg

Lunch did not go so smoothly. The kids were starving, so we walked across the street to Outback steakhouse. We're pretty easy to please and normally I'm very happy with Outback, but this was a pretty yucky lunch. Both mine and my husband's food was undercooked and the waitress argued with me about it. The waiter ended up comping much of our meal. It just wasn't good.

In the evening the rest of our extended family arrived. We went to dinner across the street at Duffy's Sports Grille. It was very good! I had the coconut shrimp. Everyone liked the food here! We went to bed pretty early. The next morning, this was the view from our window:

ship.jpg

Great start!

We leave on this Saturday, the 30th, on the Oasis Eastern itinerary. Can't wait to see more pictures and read what you did in port.

I'd ask questions but I have so many, I'll just let you answer as your do your review. Thanks for taking the time to share!

The next morning we got up and ate the free breakfast. It was pretty good and they had something for just about everyone. About 10:30 we brought out bags down. There was a woman waiting with a clipboard who called one of the van drivers. Again, this was part of the cruise package. Within a few minutes we were loaded up and headed to port. Check in was just as easy as I had heard. After receiving our Sea Pass cards we were herded into the holding area. I believe it was right around 11:00 when they started boarding and it went very quickly. By 11:30 we were in the Windjammer eating honey stung chicken! It was not too crowded at that point. We wandered the ship until 1:00, and I purchased my wine package and the kids drink packages. We were really excited to check out the cabins. We had a balcony on the 10th floor and an inside across the hall. Here is a photo of Meadow and Mia on the balcony:

balcony.jpg

After getting into our rooms David took the kids swimming. Our luggage started showing up in record time! I got everything unpacked then joined them at the pool. It wasn't long before it was time to get dressed for dinner, where we joined my cousins family and my aunt. I apologize but I didn't not take any photos of food this trip. But, I had the prime rib and vidalia onion tart. I think dessert was Strawberry Pavolva. All of it was very good!

Day 2---Nassau

We got up and had breakfast in the Main dining room. We really weren't planning on getting off the ship in Nassau. Finally we decided to get off, and go shopping for a bit. There were four other ships in port that day including the Disney Dream and RCCL Majesty. Shopping was hot and crowded and I was ready to get back on the Oasis after about 15 minutes. We purchased a Christmas ornament and some little straw purses for the twins. Here's a photo of Mandy (far right) Meadow and Mia with cousin Bailey. You can see Atlantis in the background:

atlantis.jpg

The kids by the Disney Dream and Oasis docked on the right:

DDream.jpg

That night was Formal night. I can't remember what was for dinner but I do know it was good!

Looking forward to hearing more! Could you tell me a bit about whether your twins went in the kids program and how they liked it? My daughter will be four when we sail and I would love some details about what their favourite activities were and how they liked Adventure Ocean.

Thanks!!

Meredith

How was the food on the Oasis in the main dining room. We were previously on the Allure and just didn't really care for the food in the main dining room. Glad yall had a good trip. I know where the Woodland are, I'm from Texas near Lufkin :)

Archived