Binocular with built in camera

travbee

Could anyone give me some input please. I just bought new binoculars that have a built-in digital camera (we are also taking another digital). It doesn't take too many photos but thought it would be good for a quick photo while looking through the binoculars. Has anyone used a pair of these and what do you think of them. I can return these if I need to but have only 11 more days before the cruise. Any thoughts would help. Thanks,

Barbara;)

How many megapixels is the camera in the binoculars? My fiance has a pair from a year or two ago and it is his opinion that most of the ones he is aware of have pretty poor optical quality in camera lense as well as the image sensor. He has been very disappointed with the quality of the images. He said the largest you could print the picture out would be wallet size.

i bought an expensive pair of these and am not happy with them. they are very heavy, only a certain amount of pix can be taken and then they are of no use untill you download them to your computer. you can take more pix with less resolution but they are not as sharp and not very good photos. you might have better luck with them than i have and i hope you do, but for now mine set on the shelf instead of being relied on for valuable photos on my cruise. i will stick with my zoom camera with plenty of film.

Return them as fast as you can. Get a regular pair of binoculars. Combination devices like these are always a compromise and neither function is as good as they would be alone.

If you decide them be VERY careful. We just used ours on a safari in Africa. I was so excited to have taken about 120 pictures that seemed like they would be good. After the safari, we spent another week in Africa and I didn't know that you had to keep the batteries in mine fresh, or they would delete all the pictures. By the time we got home, I had lost all my pictures. Be careful.

Archived