Summit - Did you stay in an AQ1 cabin with bed by balcony?

carolynp

Hello, I am hoping that someone who has recently returned from the refurbished Summit can reply with their cabin number if they had an Aqua Class room, on level 11, with the bed by the sliding glass door. (A photo would be great too, but not necessary.) I have seen photos of the cabin we are currently assigned to and it has the bed by the closet.

We much prefer the bed by the door, but are having problems figuring out which cabins would have them as the normal configuration where you can assume that each cabin is configured opposite of the one beside it does not seem to hold true for the Summit from some of the photos we have seen posted here on CC.

It would be so much simpler if Celebrity's agents would actually have this information on hand and you could call in to ask them, but they have told us in the past that they don't have this information.

Thanks for your help.

The M-Class ships are not configured like the S-Class where bed by bath/balcony alternate. My experience with the M-Class is that all the beds in the balcony staterooms have the bed by the bath. I'm not sure about the new ones on Deck 11, but my best guesstimate would be bed by bath.

The M-Class ships are not configured like the S-Class where bed by bath/balcony alternate. My experience with the M-Class is that all the beds in the balcony staterooms have the bed by the bath. I'm not sure about the new ones on Deck 11, but my best guesstimate would be bed by bath.

Thanks for this reply. I didn't know that about the M class ships. If that's the case, I guess we won't be booking any new cruises on that class of ship as we LOVE the bed by balcony.

Perhaps, if we're lucky, the new level 11 will be different.

S class ships have a unique design which adds to space efficiency in the ship by alternating cabin layouts. M class ships are designed more traditionally. There would be no advantage in space saving or efficiency to try and replicate that design for just the new cabins on Deck 11 (or on deck 3,for that matter) that were added in the Soltsticization of the M class ships.

Archived