Inviting others to dinner

Scottygirl1

We had a booking for 8pm on Toscana and wanted to invite another couple to join us - I presumed because we had the booking, we could invite them for the same time. Wrong. It defaults back to either 6.30pm or 9pm sitting only. What is the point of me inviting them if they can't have dinner at the same time as us? Does this sound right to you experienced Oceanians?:(

We had a booking for 8pm on Toscana and wanted to invite another couple to join us - I presumed because we had the booking, we could invite them for the same time. Wrong. It defaults back to either 6.30pm or 9pm sitting only. What is the point of me inviting them if they can't have dinner at the same time as us? Does this sound right to you experienced Oceanians?:(

Are you sure that you and your friends both qualify to make reservations at this time?

Whether making a new reservation, or being added onto an existing one, the rules remain the same within each cabin category:

• The Cruise Booking must be paid in full.

• Owner's and Vista Suites may make reservations 90 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Penthouse Suites may make reservations 75 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Concierge Level Veranda staterooms may make reservations 60 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations 45 days to 15 days prior to embarkation

• The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

Another point to consider is that your friends may only accept Specialty Restaurant Reservation Invitations, up until the time that they reach the number of Advance Reservations guaranteed by their booking category.

Are you sure that you and your friends both qualify to make reservations at this time?

Whether making a new reservation, or being added onto an existing one, the rules remain the same within each cabin category:

• The Cruise Booking must be paid in full.

• Owner's and Vista Suites may make reservations 90 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Penthouse Suites may make reservations 75 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Concierge Level Veranda staterooms may make reservations 60 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations 45 days to 15 days prior to embarkation

• The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

Another point to consider is that your friends may only accept Specialty Restaurant Reservation Invitations, up until the time that they reach the number of Advance Reservations guaranteed by their booking category.

Hi Jimandstan - yes all of those things apply to us. We have managed to invite them and make a reservation for four (just not the time we had originally for us). We sail in three weeks and everyone is paid up. We had a reservation for two at 8pm and I had hoped that I could invite another couple to join us. Unfortunately it seems we have to go at a different time now to 8pm - either 6.30pm or 9pm.

I suppose at the end of the day it does not really matter but I really thought we could have invited two people to our time slot rather then have to go to their timeslot.

I really thought we could have invited two people to our time slot rather then have to go to their timeslot.

It would be lovely if that could always be the case, and if you had waited until you were on the ship, your Butler might have been able to pull some strings (remember, he will be dealing with a co-worker, and not a computer program).

Still, the restaurants DO have a finite capacity, and the number of tables IS the number of tables...

015409.jpg

It would be lovely if that could always be the case, and if you had waited until you were on the ship, your Butler might have been able to pull some strings (remember, he will be dealing with a co-worker, and not a computer program).

Still, the restaurants DO have a finite capacity, and the number of tables IS the number of tables...

015409.jpg

When you are right, you are right :) I just thought a table for two could easily become a table for four.

I did think about the butler but then hey, 6.30pm on a day we are in St Tropez isn't too bad. We just plan to get ready early - go up for sailaway and then dinner.

Thanks for the replies.. oh and Jimandstan - are there any photos of you two around? I know you have some.... I know you know how to put photos on here.... hehe..

We are booked in a PH1 and understand that at 75 days out we can make a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants. I have not seen our question asked or answered, yet I'm sure it's a common occurrence. We'd like to make a reservation for the two of us but be seated at a larger table so we could engage in conversation with fellow cruisers. Is that possible?

We are booked in a PH1 and understand that at 75 days out we can make a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants. I have not seen our question asked or answered, yet I'm sure it's a common occurrence. We'd like to make a reservation for the two of us but be seated at a larger table so we could engage in conversation with fellow cruisers. Is that possible?

When you make your bookings (you should get four being PH1) just click on shared table rather than not shared. I presume that is what it means? Maybe someone else knows if this is correct.

Thank you madame, your check is in the mail ;)

Jim is wearing the black shirt and the slightly bewildered expression....

You guys are getting better and better with age. It's been a while since we have seen you. Hope to meet up some time again. Deb

Jim and Stan, You two are the best!! I love reading your posts, you provide so much great and accurate information, keep it coming...and thank you very much!

Yes, thank you from me too!! All your help has bee wonderful for us first time Oceanians :)

Archived