I did it, I did it!!!!!! I did the Canopy Tour

packedandready

We also took the Canopy Tour, we did ours last spring and it was the best tour we ever went on. It was so exciting. I was so scared before I went but my son, 12 at the time, really wanted to go. I am so glad he talked me into it. Can't wait to go again next April. If you are even considering it just GO! You will love it!

Congrats on conquering your fears!! We rae thinking of that tour ourselves...toss up b/w the canopy tour and Sunset Beach!!

I had this dilema too....when I was discussing the 2 options with my brother-in-law, he said, "you can go to a beach at any port, but how often can you go on a canopy tour???" That did it for me!

Hi....can Anyone Tell Me If There Are Any Restrictions As To Age,weight,etc. Our Group Is Thinking Of This Tour. We Have Children With Us And Were Not Sure If They Would Be Able To Go. And A Few Older Heavy People.

Lil Mac-

We did it with our 2 kids, 12 & 15 and they loved it. I think the min. age is 10. My husband weighs 230 and he was allowed on with no problem. We loved it and will be doing on our next cruise which isn't soon enough.

Rosieo....THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. I HAD EMAILED THE PLACE IN OCHO RIOS FOR INFO BUT THEY NEVER GOT BACK TO ME... THANKS AGAIN

You can only book the canopy tour through your cruiseline. Even though it's the same tour, some cruiselines have different requirements. Here are Carnival's requirements, from their webiste:

Notes: Minimum age is 10 years; weight limit is 260 pounds. Sufficient mobility and strength to climb a 20-foot ladder straight up is required. Must fit in the harness and helmet in a safe manner.

Not suitable for pregnant women, persons with heart troubles, seizure disorders, asthma, problems with balance, some disabilities, back, neck or shoulder problems.

I just checked the RCI Rhapsody excursion page and the minimum age is 18. Bummer, my 15 year old really wants to do this one. I wonder why some cruiselines have a minimum age of 10 and RCI is 18? Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go again when he's older, bummer, hee hee.

I called RCI to verify the age limit because some areas on the site say no age limit and others say 18. They told me that for liability reeasons it is now 18. I don't get it--you sign your life away on every thing you do these days, why not have a waiver and only allow teens with parents? Anyone with RCI listening????

I agree. I told RCI that Carnival allows kids to go as young as 10 and she said it was a liability issue--sorry. Then she told me to ask when I got on board to see if anything had changed. I almost booked it just because there is no age limit listed on the purchase page and then argue it out with them when I was on board if I had to but, I wondered if they would refund my money if the kids couldn't go. That's a lot of money to throw away if they wouldn't allow my son to go. I hope someone with RCI sees this and figures out how much money they are losing by changing the age limit.

Lynn

When I did it on Princess it was $99 per person, adult or child. I am deathly afraid of heights but my youngest wanted to go so I couldn't say no. I was terrified at the first one but then realized how safe and FUN it was. We want to go agian but this age thing with RCCI might stop us.

We'll be in Ocho Rios next week and are not sure what to do. Then I saw this thread. What is the cost for adults? Would this tour not be recommended for someone who is afraid of heights?

Hi There,

On RCCL the cost was $89 per person. I am terrified of heights!!!!! But DH wanted to do it so I did. As I've said earlier I'd do it again anytime. After that first step you'll be hooked. Have a great time.:)

Archived