Taxi fares question FLL

razzinger

Just booked a room at the Ocean Sky hotel resort, Galt Ocean Drive, and we are wondering what might fare run from FLL to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the cruise port.

Does anyone know the area? We were hoping to be close to the water taxi to sight see the day before our cruise, but being this far out we may have to stay close to the hotel. Any help is appreciated!

We stayed there a few years ago when it was the Ramada Beach Hotel. I would estimate the cab fare from FLL at about 30.00 to 35.00 and to port about 25.00 or a little more. Nearest Water Taxi stop would probably be Shooters restaurant which is about a mile from the hotel.There is also a stop at the Gallery One Hotel. As I recall there is a city bus that runs in that area and would take you to the Galleria Mall or the Gallery One hotel area.

We stayed there a few years ago when it was the Ramada Beach Hotel. I would estimate the cab fare from FLL at about 30.00 to 35.00 and to port about 25.00 or a little more. Nearest Water Taxi stop would probably be Shooters restaurant which is about a mile from the hotel.There is also a stop at the Gallery One Hotel. As I recall there is a city bus that runs in that area and would take you to the Galleria Mall or the Gallery One hotel area.

Thanks for your input! Was the Ramada in acceptable condition? Alot of people on TripAdvisor say its a dump now.

Thanks for your input! Was the Ramada in acceptable condition? Alot of people on TripAdvisor say its a dump now.
Well it was just o.k. for a one night stay. The beach area was very nice but the rooms were older. I would think its been updated some since it was the Ramada. I know for awhile it was being shown as a 3 star on Priceline.

Archived