Divina: Difference between Balcony and Superior Balcony?

Tapi

Hello:

Does someone know the difference between a Balcony stateroom and a Superior Balcony stateroom on the Divina? Layout? Square footage? Differences? Photos?

I've been trying different search engines, but I haven't found anything that points out the differences, and the photos are just stock photos.

Thanks for any information you may provide! :)

Hello:

Does someone know the difference between a Balcony stateroom and a Superior Balcony stateroom on the Divina? Layout? Square footage? Differences? Photos?

I've been trying different search engines, but I haven't found anything that points out the differences, and the photos are just stock photos.

The official Divina deck plans on the MSC web site have no "superior" balcony cabins, they just have grades 6 to 12 varying in size from 17 to 30 sq .m., the grade varies with position on the ship, the higher the grade the higher the deck you are on and when there are more than 1 grade on the same deck the nearer the midships the higher of the grades on that deck,

There appears to be a section on each deck 1/3 the way forward from the stern which houses smaller grade 6 cabins:(:( on decks 9 to 13

All grade 12 are on deck 13 along with some grade 6

All grade 11 are on deck 12 along with some grade 6

All grade 10 are on deck 11 " " " " "

and so on

The word superior looks like a travel agent marketing ploy

Spendida and Fantasia (the same class of ship) have 8 balcony cabins ( also called balcony suites) which are 50% bigger than ordinary balcony cabins.(19.3 sq.m.) (i've cruised twice in those cabins:):), and they are 29 sq.m)

So this is where the confusion may come from

Here is a link to the MSC web site deck plan page

http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/Images/11795_01_DI_ENG_23mar2012_tcm5-34571.pdf

Pete

Hello:

Just returned from Divina and we booked a superior balcony on deck 12 on the MSC website. Talking to other passengers a superior balcony has a settee and sitting area a balcony does not. We were in 12177 if you look at the deck plans it sticks out and looks longer than other balcony's

Here is a picture of a "superior" balcony:

7486421180_9b4999166a_c.jpg

I am very confident that all balcony cabins have seating area with couch. In 2010 we were on the fantasia cat11 and our other family members cat 8 and our rooms were nearly identical, outside of different location on ship and room colour. This time we booked a superior cabin on splendida and the room was the exact same as the fantasia just a different position on the ship. No larger, no extra frills just higher up on deck.

I am very confident that all balcony cabins have seating area with couch. In 2010 we were on the fantasia cat11 and our other family members cat 8 and our rooms were nearly identical, outside of different location on ship and room colour. This time we booked a superior cabin on splendida and the room was the exact same as the fantasia just a different position on the ship. No larger, no extra frills just higher up on deck.

I would have agreed before sailing on the Divina but we met a couple who had a balcony and no couch or seating area- we never saw there cabin so just going on what they said

have a look at the deck plans for divina and note the difference in size between 12177 where we were and 12179 next door- definitely smaller

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Images/11795_01_DI_ENG_23mar2012_tcm13-34571.pdf?section=1

When you look at the deck plans for Fantasia they look the same size

I would have agreed before sailing on the Divina but we met a couple who had a balcony and no couch or seating area- we never saw there cabin so just going on what they said

have a look at the deck plans for divina and note the difference in size between 12177 where we were and 12179 next door- definitely smaller

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Images/11795_01_DI_ENG_23mar2012_tcm13-34571.pdf?section=1

Just returned from Divina and we booked a superior balcony on deck 12 on the MSC website. Talking to other passengers a superior balcony has a settee and sitting area a balcony does not. We were in 12177 if you look at the deck plans it sticks out and looks longer than other balcony's

Cabin 12179 is a catagory 6 and probably the 17 sq.m. size (you can see it clearly on the deck plans on the link i posted earlier). All the cat .11 cabins are the same size on the deck plans for deck 12 ,especially if you use the zoom feature,

Just tried a dummy booking for Divina and all grades 6 to 12 are called balcony cabins , no mention of Superior on the MSC web site and as i said Cat 6 are on decks 9,10,11,12 and 13.

The deck plans for Divina are very different from Splendida and Fantasia and it is difficult to compare her with them

Cabin 12179 is a catagory 6 and probably the 17 sq.m. size (you can see it clearly on the deck plans on the link i posted earlier). All the cat .11 cabins are the same size on the deck plans for deck 12 ,especially if you use the zoom feature,

Just tried a dummy booking for Divina and all grades 6 to 12 are called balcony cabins , no mention of Superior on the MSC web site and as i said Cat 6 are on decks 9,10,11,12 and 13.

As I said in an earlier post I did book a Superior on the MSC web site and the option is still there see below:

7499524458_2cf8072b4f_o.jpg

It would seem there are inconsistancies on the MSC web site as this is what i got as I started my dummy booking. I stopped there . I suspect that if I had continued I would have found the same information that you had

MSCcabins.jpg

• 7 months later...

I called MSC and they verified that the 12177 and 12179 were definitely different sizes, both in room size and balcony!

I called MSC and they verified that the 12177 and 12179 were definitely different sizes, both in room size and balcony!

12177 and 12179 on Divina are different catogories(Cat 6 and Cat. 11), on Fantasia both 12177 and 12179 are in the hump and are both Cat. 10 and so will definitely be the same.

Fantasia and Divina have different cabin numbering and a different total number of cabins(fantasia =1637; divina = 1751 thats 114 more cabins), and different catagories of cabin.

Fantasia has balcony cabins ( standard and superior) from Cat 6 to Cat.11

Cat 12 are Balcony suites and very different to the balcony cabins, (I know I've stayed i them)

Divina has no balcony suites and so has balcony cabins from Cat. 6 to Cat. 12.

The two ships do differ quite a lot

Pete

• 1 month later...

Archived