Just returned from Alaska S/B Coral Princess 6/18 - 6/25

YVR_cruise_lover

Hi, Thanks for the very nice review,and the great pictures! I am going on a B2B Coral Princess cruise starting July 23rd,2012. Question-Since I have an inside cabin like you had, how comfortable or,uncomfortable were the beds? Also what were the best food items you ate on this cruise? Hope you will be kind enough to answer these questions! Thanks in advance,Kendra

The bed was comfortable, no problem for me personally.

Nothing jumped out as far as food was concerned. The salmon was overcooked a bit. One night there was a lobster and shrimp main dish, and the waiter was jokingly saying that the shrimps were bigger than the lobster tail. The scallop was good, so were the prime rib/filet mignon. I am not a picky eater, so it was good enough for me. There was a pastry extravaganza at the horizon court on the last sea day where you could taste different deserts. Good photo opps.

Thanks for the review!

How was the trail to Nugget Falls at Mendenhall? We're thinking of doing this if the trail isn't too difficult.

It is an easy trail from the Visitor Center to Nugget Fall with a little bit of uphill and downhill, partly paved and partly rocks. You have to cross a few streams no more than few inches deep, but rocks are placed on top so that you don't get wet. The view is better near the fall as it is closer to the glacier. Should take no more than 20 - 25 minutes for an average walker. Highly recommended for everybody. There is a washroom at the beginning of the trail so that you don't have to go to the Visitor Center if you don't want to.

Your pictures were beautiful! Thanks for sharing them. What kind of camera do you have? The pictures were very clear and good quality. I'm trying to decide whether to get a new one for the trip. Mine's about 5 years old-a Cannon Power Shot Digital Elph 6 megapixels.

Your pictures were beautiful! Thanks for sharing them. What kind of camera do you have? The pictures were very clear and good quality. I'm trying to decide whether to get a new one for the trip. Mine's about 5 years old-a Cannon Power Shot Digital Elph 6 megapixels.

I have a Nikon D5000 DSLR, and a 18-200 zoom lens. The zoom lens is an excellent travel lens, allowing you to take both wide angle and tele shots. The camera is a bit heavy to carry at times, but it allows to take good photos and provides more flexibility. I still carry a point and shoot camera for backup purpose and for occasions when I just want to travel light.

I would recommend you getting a newer camera as you don't want to miss the beautiful scenery for your upcoming cruise.

Archived