Shopes in Bermuda

KBdancer4

Hamilton is the main shopping district for all of Bermuda. There are designer shops on the street in front of the docks. Pricey they are. Bermuda is not known for inexpensive stores. Kings Warf- the dockyards had some but most are in Hamilton..

KB,

they had some "t-shirt" type shops too. These are your typical tourist shops where you can get t-shirts, postcards, etc. We got some great buys on sweaters in October 2003. These were heavy rugby sweathers. If you are in St. George, go to the pharmacy. They had some nice imported Scottish & English soaps (if you like that kind of thing) for a very cheap price. They were in a little alcove up on the top floor. I bought some "tub soap" which was a little like body wash.

• 2 weeks later...

No visit to Hamilton is compleat without setting foot in Triminghams on Front St. Alas, the store is closing for good

at the end of the season, so going there would be a must.

They have a nice selection of English woolens, and other sportswear suitable for the island and here at home.

It's the end of an era ... do that store justice floor by floor.

:(

I think Trimminghams is closing by the end of July, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

A.S. Coopers has torn down their building on Front Street down for a complete rebuilding. They moved their merchandise into six different locations in Hamilton, so now there is A.S. Coopers - Men, A.S. Coopers - Home, A.S. Coopers - Ladies, etc. At the old location, which is now a vacant lot with construction equipment, there is a sign showing the locations of the various stores. One of them is at the bottom of Number Six Shed, one of the cruise ship docks.

any1 know if prices are cheaper there.... or should i expect to spend the same amount of money on my Louis Vuitton

Keep in mind that all retail goods on the island must be either flown in, or brought in via ship. NOTHING is less expensive. If you're going to Bermuda expecting to find bargains you're going to be very disappointed. However, if you're going expecting to find very high quality goods in beautiful departments stores, you're going to be very happy indeed. Shop now, though, because the era of fine departments stores is coming to an end - sadly! :(

Archived