Anyone Bought Princess's Alaska Cruise Companion Book?

Sheebah

I know of one person that purchased the book and does think it is worth the money. She said it is from a northbound perspective, and that there used to be a southbound edition but that it had been discontinued.

We are cruising RT on the NCL Star out of Seattle in six weeks and I purchased the book about three months ago. I have enjoyed reading the book and think it has been a good purchase even if we are not going all the way to Anchorage. Not only does it give information for the trip mile by mile but it also has many interesting stories and pictures in it that is worth the reading.

Sheebah,

I am on the RT out of SF and it overall applies to all of Alaska. It talks about ports, boats, wildlife, fish, and the various fishing villages and historic points of interests, etc.

I throughly enjoyed it, but then, I love to research locations that I am going to visit.

The map is great, but I don't think the book is worth the $25.00. We are going southbound, and it's a little difficult to corelate it to the route by going backwards in the book. I guess I expected more of a travel guide and not so many stories of old time Alaska, even though they are interesting.

Archived