Beach Horseback riding?

The one thing my DH really wants to do on our cruise is beach horseback riding. We are on the Jewel in September stopping in Bermuda, San Juan, St. Marteen and Labadee. Do any of these stops offer that?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

just got back from the voyager, they offer horseback riding in san juan, but they do not ride on the beach. friends on the ship took the tour. Labadee does not offer horseback riding and I don't know about bermuda or st. marteen. Hope this helps a little

Danaps

Hi,

We did the Horseback riding in San Juan. April, 2005. Very dissappointing. It said riding on the beach. They don't take to a beach. It was way out and took 1hr or more to get there. My daughter and I were not impressed.:mad:

angelajared

Angelajared - Thanks for the info - We are leaning towards St. Marteen based on thier website info.

pfleer - We are taking the Jewel out of Boston sailing Sept 22 - its a 10 day cruise.

DH and I are doing this:

http://www.spicelandsriding.com

They say they have early morning beach rides. We booked with them directly via email. Apparently they are closer to Hamilton than St. George.

Cost is $65 a person.

I haven't done this yet so I don't know how good it is but they have been on the island for years.

Calm seas,

Caroline

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from VOS to Bermuda and they had horseback riding on the beach. They used western saddles and some of the horses looked like Palominos. The horses looked very nice and well kept. I didn't ride but we watched them pass by.

The one thing my DH really wants to do on our cruise is beach horseback riding. We are on the Jewel in September stopping in Bermuda, San Juan, St. Marteen and Labadee. Do any of these stops offer that?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

We did the horseback riding excursion in San Juan, PR off of Voyager Dec 2004 and it was VERY disappointing. First of all, the horses were quite small and did not seem to be well tended-to. While we did "ride" on the beach, it was a super slow single file pace walk (due to possible turtle eggs, so that is understandable). The main disappointing part was that we "rode" on the paved path of a golf course to and from the beach at a walk as well. Only on the beach itslef about 10 minutes total. Also, the bus ride was over an hour each way and was not worth the time/money for the quality/lack of quality of the horse riding. The guides were very stand-offish and didnt interact with the group at all. Save your money on that excursion and try it somewhere else (we just did a great ride in Puerto Vallarta when on Vision 2 weeks ago that I would highly recommend - although the terrain requires just walking and the occasional trot, it is a beautiful ride thru the forest and throughout multiple stream crossings, etc to a beautiful waterfall).

Archived