New to RCCL - what should I know?

am taking my first RCCL cruise next week. Up to this point, I have been strictly on Carnival. What differences are there that I might want to be aware of. I noticed that with RCCL, you can't bring a bottle of wine on with you. I also noticed that it looks like you use envelopes for the tips (vs it automatically being added to your account). Looks like the amounts are the same though. Any other things that would be good to know?

First thing you need to know is that you will have a wonderful experience.

I did one Carnival cruise, and although we had a really good time, I came

home knowing that I still preferred RC.

Just remember not to continue the comparison of the 2 lines while you are on your cruise. Enjoy your vacation and then compare.

There really are more similarities than differences.

Well said- you are in for great time as RCI delievers a great product- still- above all the cutbacks that may have ocured over the years.

They have so many different ships - I have never sailed Monarch, but four of their Vision Class ships- two Radiance Class ships and the Voyager of the Seas- then the biggest ship every built. As I found Voyager to big I never tried and never will try their bigger offsprings. Vision and Radiance Class give great views to the sea- which for me is what cruising is all about- I wanna see the sea, so to speak. I hate indoor lounges such as on board the newer bigger vessels. Even the Royal Promenade did not appeal to me.

The plastic " cutlery ", ( well just the plates though) in Windjammer is a bit " tacky" - but the food is still good. Thank god they offer their Specialty coffee ( at Seatlle s Best) and tea now in propper china, which was not the case earlier.

Have a great cruise!

Michael

luvs cruising - I am sure I will have a great time on RCL as well - just trying to figure out if there is anything that I should know (I've gotten so comfortable with Carnival). Am excited though to try something new.

germancruiser - thanks for the feedback as well. I'm not into the big big ships either.

NC Cruiser - I was looking at the roll call lists & didn't see anything for Monarch of the Seas 7/2 sailing. did you run across any threads for it? Looking forward to it! We'll have four in our party. DH & I, my teenaged son & my mom.

NC Cruiser - I was looking at the roll call lists & didn't see anything for Monarch of the Seas 7/2 sailing. did you run across any threads for it? Looking forward to it! We'll have four in our party. DH & I, my teenaged son & my mom.

There might be another one, but I stopped looking after finding [thread=1631590]this one[/thread]. ;)

Archived