Wine/Beer Package?

scubalo

So do I understand correctly that neither this draft beer, nor the sake in Red Ginger are part of either of the drink packages? Or are they available with the Prestige package only?

The sake is not part of the $49.95 liquor/wine package. Don't know about the draft beer.

...In actuality, the Sake that was served was of intermediate quality and had been stored badly. The Sommelier was of no help.

Jim is being kind. At one of our meals in Red Ginger, with 6 of us at table, MY DW Betsy ordered the Sake. All of us tried a sip or two. At least two of us had some fun trying to decide whether it tasted like yesterday's used dishwater or last week's residue from sweeping up around the oil change lift.

Then, we got the bill -- that tiny glass of Sake was somewhere north of $17...

...It may be an acquired taste...:rolleyes:

So do I understand correctly that neither this draft beer, nor the sake in Red Ginger are part of either of the drink packages? Or are they available with the Prestige package only?

I think that only Oceania personnel can give you a firm answer, but my impression is that the draft Heineken would be covered by the Prestige package. I don't know about the sake, but based on some of the comments you have seen I don't think I would order it under any conditions.

I think that only Oceania personnel can give you a firm answer, but my impression is that the draft Heineken would be covered by the Prestige package. I don't know about the sake, but based on some of the comments you have seen I don't think I would order it under any conditions.

Thanks Boreus. I guess I was hoping that by November 2013 they might have another brand of sake! :o Certainly not a big deal, I will get to live and learn.

• 5 weeks later...

I found most of the information I needed regarding the drinks packages except for one important item. Do both passengers in a cabin need to take the package? My wife does not drink at all, so purchasing a package for her would not be worthwhile, I would think and I don't think that I should, or could consume sufficient quantities to make it worthwhile. Any thoughts or help will be appreciated. Why can't I find anything on the Oceania site about the drinks packages? Am I not looking in the right place?

A couple we know recently returned from a Marina cruise. He bought the package; she did not. No problem. Not supposed to "share" but I think a little of that did happen....

Also, I spoke to Oceania re the wine/beer only package. The wines available by the glass in that package are the house wines (i.e., the $8 ones).

Embarking in Copenhagen in ten days!

Archived