EPIC Water Slide--Restrictions?

el820

My spouse and I are considering a cruise on the EPIC in the near future, and we'll have our two toddlers with us. The water slide is a big consideration for us to book the Epic as we can see our kids spending a lot of time there when the ship is at sea. They are still young (7 & 4)so we're wondering if there are any restrictions, such as age or height requirement, in order to go down that water slide?

Thanks

My spouse and I are considering a cruise on the EPIC in the near future, and we'll have our two toddlers with us. The water slide is a big consideration for us to book the Epic as we can see our kids spending a lot of time there when the ship is at sea. They are still young (7 & 4)so we're wondering if there are any restrictions, such as age or height requirement, in order to go down that water slide?

Thanks

From what I have been told by my cruise agent, they would have to be supervised by parents so you would have to go down with them. Correct me if I am wrong, but am pretty sure this would be the case. The slides do look like a blast though! This would be a perfect excuse for you to have to ride them over and over again :D

There is also a water area for younger kids that don't like the bigger slides. I'm a big chicken but went down the easy big slide. We had family kids ages 10-20. They all loved the big slides. The two water areas are near each other. The younger area is covered from the sun.

You will have a great time.

You are not allowed to go down with your children. They have to go by themselves.

There were a couple of very small children going down the plunge when I was there (I'd guess about 5), but generally they were about 10 or older I'd say. I don't know if there are actually any restrictions, but didn't see anything.

The main thing stopping younger kids going on them actually seemed to be that they didn't want to. The other two slides are enclosed, so are quite dark when you are in them. My 7 year old son, who is generally very adventurous and loves roller coasters for example couldn't be convinced to ride on any of the slides. I saw a good number of kids older than him deciding not to try it as well.

Archived