Lido Deck dining

Just completed a cruise to Mexican Riveria on CARNIVAL SPLENDOR (2nd cruise on this ship) and am planning for two more cruises in the near future. I would appreciate assistance in determining which ship(s) to select for these cruises.

My wife and I enjoy taking breakfast on the open deck. A problem we encountered on CARNIVAL SPLENDOR on both our previous cruises involved the layout of the food service lines on the Lido Deck and the location of beverages. Food service lines on CARNIVAL SPLENDOR are set-up so that you go to one line for omelets and a second line for side dishes (potatoes, meats, etc.). By the time you go through both lines the food is cold.

Accustomed to the set-up on Spirit-class ships were you can get both omelets and sides from the same food service line, I am seeking advice on which other classes of ships (expect Fantasy-class) offer the same layout. I am tired of cold food at breakfast and, short of installing microwave ovens to reheat the food, am looking for recommendations about ships that have been designed with passenger in mind.

Just completed a cruise to Mexican Riveria on CARNIVAL SPLENDOR (2nd cruise on this ship) and am planning for two more cruises in the near future. I would appreciate assistance in determining which ship(s) to select for these cruises.

My wife and I enjoy taking breakfast on the open deck. A problem we encountered on CARNIVAL SPLENDOR on both our previous cruises involved the layout of the food service lines on the Lido Deck and the location of beverages. Food service lines on CARNIVAL SPLENDOR are set-up so that you go to one line for omelets and a second line for side dishes (potatoes, meats, etc.). By the time you go through both lines the food is cold.

Accustomed to the set-up on Spirit-class ships were you can get both omelets and sides from the same food service line, I am seeking advice on which other classes of ships (expect Fantasy-class) offer the same layout. I am tired of cold food at breakfast and, short of installing microwave ovens to reheat the food, am looking for recommendations about ships that have been designed with passenger in mind.

Just off the Legend... the omelet station was separate from the sides. My best advice is to have one spouse or significant other go for sides and the other go for omelets. Meet in the middle! :)

Conquest class ships are the same way, multiple stations to get your food and drink. Poor layout unless of course you only want certain things then the lines are shorter. Good for some, bad for others. Don't know if there is a perfect solution.

Archived