14 day Hawaii cruise

Daydaes

We are thinking of booking this November cruise. Should we book directly from the website or call? When looking at the site, I was going thru like I was booking and chose ocean view cabin. It came back with cabin 1962 on Dolphin deck. Never been on this ship so not sure if this is a good selection. We decided on ocean view instead of balcony as we just don't spend alot of time in the room. We do prefer higher decks but don't know if ocean view cabins are on higher decks or just the balcony ones. Does anyone know what the weather is like at sea in November and what it's like in Hawaii? This will be our second cruise with HAL so we are newbies to this line. Any info and suggestions is appreciated!

We are thinking of booking this November cruise. Should we book directly from the website or call? When looking at the site, I was going thru like I was booking and chose ocean view cabin. It came back with cabin 1962 on Dolphin deck. Never been on this ship so not sure if this is a good selection. We decided on ocean view instead of balcony as we just don't spend alot of time in the room. We do prefer higher decks but don't know if ocean view cabins are on higher decks or just the balcony ones. Does anyone know what the weather is like at sea in November and what it's like in Hawaii? This will be our second cruise with HAL so we are newbies to this line. Any info and suggestions is appreciated!

The first day and last day will a tendency to be cooler. Did a 14 day to Hawaii in April and are booked to go again next Mar(13).

cabin 1962 on Dolphin deck

If this cruise is on the Zaandam that cabin is almost the last aft cabin on the port side of the ship on the lowest deck. If you can afford to pay a little more try for a cabin on the main deck more towards the middle of the ship. If you are prone to seasickness be prepared the first day out of port heading to Hawaii may be a little rough. We did this cruise in April and the first 36 hours were very rough. It didn't affect us but many others were sea sick for the first two days. Of course the weather and seas may be perfect for your cruise but better to be prepared than not.

when you are making the reservation you can go into the deck plan to see where the cabin you are chosing is. Have fun in Hawaii, we did. :D

I would book with a TA. Yes, most the uper decks are balcony rooms excet there are some inside on those floors too. We have done Hawaii several times and always has been in the fall. Had good sea's on both cruises unlike the rough ones I've heard about in the spring of the year.

We are on this cruise and we went through HAL and have never had an issue. We have called twice to take advantage of the price drops. We have a PCC (Personal cruise consultant) and not just "customer service" with HAL though. Hope you decide to come and hope there is a meet and greet. Be sure to come to the roll call section and say hello!

Thanks for all the replies. We have decided on booking an OV on the Main Deck mid ship. Is the Main deck a good place to be? Sometimes I get hung up on having a cabin on a higher deck but in reality, as long as I'm on the ship, it's all good:) We don't spend alot of time in the cabin anyway.

For those that have taken this cruise before in November, is Hawaii pretty nice weatherwise? Just curious what others have to say.

Should I call HAL and talk to someone about booking or just go online and take care of it there? I called a TA today and she was not very helpful and I could tell she was just looking online like I've been. I don't believe we have a PCC so I would just talk with a rep from HAL I guess. Usually when I am lurking on the website, I get a call or an email a few hours later but not this time.

The first day and last day will a tendency to be cooler. Did a 14 day to Hawaii in April and are booked to go again next Mar(13).

Hi Kamploops,

We are booked on the ZAANDAM 3/9/13 from San Diego to Hawaii. We have cruised out of NYC many times in some very choppy seas heading to the Caribbean and wondered how the seas were out of Calif that time of the year? We love sea days and are looking forward to the long, slow paced days on the ocean.

Did you enjoy the ports and do you have any suggestions for excursions? We are especially interested in the area of Pearl Harbor, as both our Dad's served in WW11.

Thanks in advance,

Ann and Bernie:)

value witt be an inside as 9 of the days there will be no land to see and no viwe.

Travel between the islands is done well off shore so no visuals

Save your money for shore stuff.

WEATHER IN November will be high 82 low 70, Rain in the afternoon of the eastern side like Hilo and Kauai

Kona is for Snorkel, Maui.. trip to Hana, Honolulu.. Valor i the pacific NP Sub museum pacific air museum, USS Missouri, Uss Arizona, Kaui.. on your own, Hilo.. Volcano NP:cool:

:D We went in April on the same ship as Travilin Dot (above). It was rough the first day out, but after that it was smooth sailing. It was our first time to Hawaii, and I want to do it again. Next time I would try the fall to have a different experience. Enjoy.

Hi Kamploops,

We are booked on the ZAANDAM 3/9/13 from San Diego to Hawaii. We have cruised out of NYC many times in some very choppy seas heading to the Caribbean and wondered how the seas were out of Calif that time of the year? We love sea days and are looking forward to the long, slow paced days on the ocean.

Did you enjoy the ports and do you have any suggestions for excursions? We are especially interested in the area of Pearl Harbor, as both our Dad's served in WW11.

Thanks in advance,

Ann and Bernie:)

I would recommend booking the ships tour for Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial.

It is f just come first serve. Lines can be up to 3 hrs.

I would recommend booking the ships tour for Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial.

It is f just come first serve. Lines can be up to 3 hrs.

If you want more military history - I recommend the HAL's VIP Military tour One of the best tours I have ever been on

You will find things way better

You dont need a tour per se. Cab to the Airizona, then see the Sub Museum, cab to the USS Missouri then across the street Pacific air Museum, cab to Punch bowl Cem... all day each museum is a tour included.

Hello Cruisers,

I read on an post earlier today that there had been a reduction in price on some cruises.... Soooooo...;) Bernie went online and found it for $180.00 each.....so that means we went down $360.00 for our AA Verahdah on March 9. 2013...

Wow what a wonderful surprise that was...:)

Ann and Bernie

:D We went in April on the same ship as Travilin Dot (above). It was rough the first day out, but after that it was smooth sailing. It was our first time to Hawaii, and I want to do it again. Next time I would try the fall to have a different experience. Enjoy.

You'll see very little to no difference between spring and fall in either Hawaii or San Diego. :)

San Diego is likely to be a bit sunnier in the fall than spring -- September is usually our best summer month and it often carries over into October.

It will be at least a little rough the first day out of San Diego either season.

Aloha!

Archived