Island Hawwaii March 2006

solehigh

Just booked March 22nd, cruise to Hawaii and wonder from those who did the cruise this year around that time, how your weather was? How rough and cool was it going out of LA? Thanks

Just booked March 22nd, cruise to Hawaii and wonder from those who did the cruise this year around that time, how your weather was? How rough and cool was it going out of LA? Thanks

I just returned from that cruise ... in fact, it was Princess' last Hawaii cruise of the season ... and the weather was a bit chilly near LA. On the third day out to the islands, it warmed up a bit, but wasn't too bad. As we returned to LA, each day got progressively chillier (if that's a word).

The seas, with the exception of the first night, were very calm ... and even on the first night, they were not too bad ... just a bit choppy.

You'll love the itinerary and if you check the board, you'll find several recent reviews, including mine, of this cruise.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I think most of the recent Island passengers would agree that it is chilly the first several days. I met many people who assumed it was always warm in southern California, so it would be warm the entire cruise. We rather expected it to be cool the first few days, and were glad we packed jeans and sweatshirts for our strolls on the promenade deck. Of course the lotus spa is always a lovely temperature, and the interior of the ship was quite comfortable.

I was on the March 20 2005 sailing and we had perfect weather. Only a couple of drops of rain on Maui otherwise no rain at all. It was cool but not uncomfortable leaving San Pedro and warmed up about 5 degrees every day on the way to Hawaii. I hope you have great weather like we did!

Here's a link to my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=161568

If you follow the Webshots link in my signature you will find the pictures I posted of my cruise also.

I see that you are sailing with the rest of us in March, join our roll call!

"Island Princess to Hawaii Never too early"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived