Transatlantic 2013

Saw a great 43 night Transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale and return to Fort Lauderdale in October this year on the Maasdam. Can't go this year but would love it in 2013. Have spent ages on Holland America's Web Site but can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sandra

Saw a great 43 night Transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale and return to Fort Lauderdale in October this year on the Maasdam. Can't go this year but would love it in 2013. Have spent ages on Holland America's Web Site but can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sandra

Departing FLL on October 25, 2013 - 42 days FLL - FLL on the Maasdam.

Bob

Thanks,

Sandra

Call Holland America or your TA and book ASAP.

Then come join our roll call.

We were on the Rome FLL part of the Maasdam TA last year - fabulous itinerary. Great ship and special group of seasoned HAL passengers. Hope you get to go and lucky you to do it both ways.

Best transatlantic itinerary I have seen in a long time, especially tempting ports on the return from Rome to Fort Lauderdale:

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Sorrento, Italy (overnight)

Messina, Sicily, Italy

Palermo, Sicily, Italy

Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy

At Sea

Cartagena, Spain

Gibraltar, UK Territory

Cadiz, Spain

Casablanca, Morocco

At Sea

Funchal, Madeira, Portugal

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Six new ports for me. I rarely see a Holland America stop in Gibraltar. Half Moon Cay is a nice way to end a transatlantic cruise. This cruise is on our watch list. I find fares from $2,300 for the 21 day cruise and $4200 for the 42 day round trip from an online TA.

Departing FLL on October 25, 2013 - 42 days FLL - FLL on the Maasdam.

Bob

That's a fantastic itinerary. We have a 25th anniversary coming up and that would be a great way to celebrate. Our longest cruise so far (another cruise line) was 33 days and wasn't long enough :rolleyes: so we've been wanting a longer one. We love sea days (have done 5 ta's) so this itinerary is great since it has lots of sea days, includes some of our favorite ports, but also includes some ports that are new to us.

I find fares from $2,300 for the 21 day cruise and $4200 for the 42 day round trip from an online TA.
It took me much longer to find the same prices on the Holland America website. Add $177 for taxes/fees.

Best transatlantic itinerary I have seen in a long time, especially tempting ports on the return from Rome to Fort Lauderdale:

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Sorrento, Italy (overnight)

Messina, Sicily, Italy

Palermo, Sicily, Italy

Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy

At Sea

Cartagena, Spain

Gibraltar, UK Territory

Cadiz, Spain

Casablanca, Morocco

At Sea

Funchal, Madeira, Portugal

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Six new ports for me. I rarely see a Holland America stop in Gibraltar. Half Moon Cay is a nice way to end a transatlantic cruise. This cruise is on our watch list. I find fares from $2,300 for the 21 day cruise and $4200 for the 42 day round trip from an online TA.

Interestings changes - we went to several ports in Portugal and several stops had overnights: Lisbon and Funchal both for two days, which really added to the enjoyment. Are any of these overnight stops - that was really a successful addition we thought. You get a lot of stops we did not have so it is a winner package. Maybe they reversed the west and east bound itineraries this time?

Wow! I just got up. It's breakfast time here in OZ. What a great lot of responses that came in overnight. Thankyou to all, especially those who have been. I'm glad I may have been able to alert some of you to a great itinerary.

Sandra

Truly, a very tempting itinerary for TA cruisers.

Yes, it certainly is. As Jack mentioned earlier, "Book it" and come join us on our Roll Call. :) We waited for quite a while for this one to open up for booking. We are now waiting for HAL to release the Asia Grand Voyage itin for 2014 (hopefully they will return to Australia).

Ray in NH

Archived