Shareholder Benefit confirmed

hancock

Just received a shareholder packet from Royal Caribbean which contained the newly revised form for the shareholder benefit. Cutoff date is now listed as May 1, 2005.

Hancock

Web site now says 5/1/05. I copied the letter and sent it off for our Alaska cruise next year. So far our $2000 investment has paid us $1150 in onboard credits. Not a bad return [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

We just purchased RCL stock a few weeks ago (Mid April.) Does anyone know if they will honor the shipboard credit as the stock was purchased after March 31. We own 200 shares, does that count as $400 in ship board credit on a 10 day cruise? Have not submitted the form yet.
Thanks
Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982
RCCI Viking 1991
Princess Crown 12/93
Galaxy 11/98
Princess Crown 12/00
Summit 1/03
Summit 1/12/04
1/28/04 Summit again
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

The shareholder benefit applies if you own 100 shares or more. You should have no problem even though you bought them after March 31 '04. I didn't see any qualifier that would have excluded your purchase. You will find the form you need on the Celebrity or RCL site when you look for company info. Enjoy the benefits!

Your question regarding doubling the credit for 200 shares; Think about it. Wouldn't that be nice? I'd buy 1,000 shares today for a $2,500 credit and get a free cruise. All we'd need to do is buy a slug of RCL stock and cruise free the rest of our lives!

Vera Cruz - 6/68
Ecstasy - 10/93
Sensation - 5/94
Tropicale - 11/94
Soverign of the Seas - 5/96
Summit - 9/03
Zenith - 2/04
Constellation - 5/04
Summit - 10/04
Zenith - 1/05
Infinity - 5/05

Here is the info direct from the Q&A section of the shareholder section of the web site:

[B]RCCL Shareholder Benefit[/B]

[B]Who is eligible for this offer?[/B]
Any shareholder holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares.

[B]What is the offer?[/B]
$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.
$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.
Applicable on any Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises sailings (excludes Celebrity
Xpeditions) booked by May 1, 2005.

[B]How do I redeem this offer?[/B]
Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship
and sailing date along with a copy of the your shareholder proxy card or a current
brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises
Lt.
Via Mail: P.O. Box 025511, Miami, FL 33102-5511.
Via Fax: 1-305-539-4645
Via Email: [email]shareholderbenefit@rccl.com[/email]

[B]I am sailing with my family and some friends.[/B] [B]Can they receive the offer too? [/B]
The offer is only available for the stateroom in which the shareholder (with a minimum of 100 RCL shares) is sailing. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing.

[B]Can I use the offer each time I sail?[/B]
Yes, you may request this offer multiple times – as
often as you sail on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises (excludes Celebrity
Xpeditions). Reservations must be booked no later than May 1, 2005.

[B]Can this offer be combined with other offers, [/B][B]onboard credits and coupons?[/B]
Yes, this offer is combinable with other offers, onboard credits and coupons. The offer is NOT available to company employees, travel agents, tour conductors, and/or others utilizing complimentary or reduced-rate cruise fares.

[B]Is offer transferable?[/B]
No. Offer is non-transferable. Only the stateroom that the
shareholder is traveling in will be eligible for the onboard credit.

[B]Any restrictions?[/B] Valid only for cruise vacations on Royal Caribbean International or
Celebrity Cruises. Not applicable to Celebrity Xpeditions. Offer is non-transferable
and not available to company employees, travel agents, interline rates, tour
conductors, and/or others utilizing complimentary or reduced-rate cruise fares.
Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars, but is not redeemable for cash.
Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of sail. Credit is applied on a
per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing.

[B]Benefit was originally offered 3/28/04 and [/B][B]valid for reservations booked by March 31,[/B]
[B]2004. The offer has been extended for [/B][B]reservations booked through May 1, 2005.[/B]

Char

Still a little unclear. If we own 200 shares and my husband and I are both traveling in the same room and we are both shareholders do each of us qualify for a ship board credit of $200 or $400 for the cabin?
Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982
RCCI Viking 1991
Princess Crown 12/93
Galaxy 11/98
Princess Crown 12/00
Summit 1/03
Summit 1/12/04
1/28/04 Summit again
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by der93711:
Still a little unclear. If we own 200 shares and my husband and I are both traveling in the same room and we are both shareholders do each of us qualify for a ship board credit of $200 or $400 for the cabin?
Der
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As quoted from the Q & A post above:

"What is the offer?
$250 Onboard Credit [B]per Stateroom [/B]on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
$200 Onboard Credit [B]per Stateroom [/B]on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.
$100 Onboard Credit [B]per Stateroom [/B]on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.
$50 Onboard Credit [B]per Stateroom [/B]on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

"The offer is only available for the stateroom in which the shareholder (with a minimum of 100 RCL shares) is sailing. [B]Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing.[/B]"

Note that it specifies "100 shares [B]minimum[/B]. Doesn't matter how many more you have over and above that minimum, you can only receive 1 bonus per cruise.

Char

about $4300 give or take, depending on the day

RCCI Song of Norway 1982
RCCI Viking 1991
Princess Crown 12/93
Galaxy 11/98
Princess Crown 12/00
Summit 1/03
Summit 1/12/04
1/28/04 Summit again

Archived