Junior Suites (Verandah Deck) on Imagination

Avril

My boyfriend (Dave) and I are planning on upgrading to a Junior Suite for our Imagination cruise next year (we really want a blacony)!! :D Does anyone have any pictures of these cabins on the Imagination (so we can see what they look like and have an easier time deciding which one we want)? Are there any that are really good or any that we should avoid?

Thanks!!!! :D

go to cruiselineroom.com

we had a jr. suite on the fantasy. just so you know the balconies are tiny.

Ya, I kinda figured they would be (but then, the regular balconies on other ships aren't exactly what I would call big). So do you think we should go for one of the bigger suites then (Grand Suites on Upper Deck)? :confused:

check the floorplans....I think some of the rooms are under the gum and some under the spa......so I think I heard you should try & be under the spa massage rooms and NOT under the gym.....

better to have a small balcony than no balcony....but they are small...

check the floorplans....I think some of the rooms are under the gum and some under the spa......so I think I heard you should try & be under the spa massage rooms and NOT under the gym.....

better to have a small balcony than no balcony....but they are small...

Definatly better to be under the spa massage rooms, and to have a small balcony rather than noe at all, I 100% agree!! :D

Um, how small? :eek: Like I said, I've never thought of any of the balconies to be big by any stretch of the imagination (except for the aft wraps obviously). How much smaller would they be than a say, category 8A balcony on a Conquest and/or Dream class ship?

My boyfriend (Dave) and I are planning on upgrading to a Junior Suite for our Imagination cruise next year (we really want a blacony)!! :D Does anyone have any pictures of these cabins on the Imagination (so we can see what they look like and have an easier time deciding which one we want)? Are there any that are really good or any that we should avoid?

I was in a Jr Suite, V11 in October on my girlscruise. The balconies are small. There were 3 of us and we couldn't really move past each other when we were out there. You have to remember, these balconies were "added" on. I had a balcony on the Destiny in May and it was bigger. I have a pic of the room but for the life of me, I can't remember how to load it here. I will try to post later when I get home. I know I have a link on how to post pics from Facebook saved in my favorites.

I am just off the Imagination and I would not spend the money on these if they are cabins I am thinking about. The balconies overlook a walkway on the Lido deck, and when people are strolling in that area, they are right below you and there is no semblance of privacy. I think the suites on the upper deck would be much better, although probably a lot more expensive.

307188_2514557546314_667198815_a.jpg

I am just off the Imagination and I would not spend the money on these if they are cabins I am thinking about. The balconies overlook a walkway on the Lido deck, and when people are strolling in that area, they are right below you and there is no semblance of privacy. I think the suites on the upper deck would be much better, although probably a lot more expensive.

I was on the Veranda deck and overlooked the water, not the Lido Deck. There are a few on the front of the deck but I think those are the Owners Suites. Those aren't worth the money.

I'm going to try the link for the pic, hopefully it will work this time

Pic came in above but it worked so I'm not going to move it :)

Not worth the money in my opinion. We were in V 4 (I think )and it overlooked the bridge and a walking track down below. It was so small even my grandchildren could barely turn around. We also had an inside room for the grandkids and I enjoyed theirs more. Less noise and definately more private. We normally get suites--usually cruise on larger vessel--altho on fascination next-- and IMO this was not a suite. Waste of money.

You have to remember, these balconies were "added" on.

I believe you are confusing the new standard balconies recently added on some Fantasy class ships with these Verandah deck suites. The Imagination was originally built with these.

To the OP, IMHO, these "suites" are a big waste of money. The actual stateroom is not much bigger than a standard balcony stateroom on newer ships, and the balcony is actually smaller (Verandah balcony on Imagination is 25 sq ft. Standard stateroom balcony on Destiny is 35 sq ft.)

All Verandah suite balconies look down to a promenade with people walking right underneath you just a few feet below. If your cabin is one of the first ones, you'll have a lifeboat blocking your view. If you are too far forward, you'll have people looking into your cabin from a public deck.

Finally, besides priority embarkation, there are ZERO perks normally associated with suites on other cruise lines.

For what you'll pay for this Junior Suite, you could get a standard balcony on a 7 night cuirse aboard a newer, larger ship on Carnival, or a Concierge Class balcony (filled with ammenities and perks) on a more upscale cruise line like Celebrity (if you still need to cruise for 4 days).

I was on the Veranda deck and overlooked the water, not the Lido Deck.

Yes, you'll see the ocean, but look straight down (These are from Fascination, but identical to Imagination):

DSCF7620.jpg

Biggest disappointment in a "suite" ever had on a cruise ship. In no way, shape, or form a "suite"! However, the location was GREAT!

You mentioned you might be able to get a grand suite. These are quite roomy and the balcony more inviting. Go for it if you can; otherwise, I would choose an ocean view cabin on this class of ship.

Are there any that are really good or any that we should avoid?

We've stayed in these suites a number of times in Fantasy class ships, going back to 1994, and we've booked V1 on the Imagination in April, 2013. I love being up that high. Some of them are obstructed view, but those rooms are clearly marked (and are actually cheaper).

If you can get the first one on either port or starboard, you're practically on the bridge. Very nice spot, small but enjoyable balcony and wonderful at night (very little light pollution - the stars are incredible!).

Kevin C

Archived