Who should I go with for a large family reunion cruise?

GT108

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

What a wonderful site.

I am currently looking at organizing a large family reunion cruise for some time next year. Currently we are looking at around 20+ cabins with around 50+ family members of all ages.

My questions is:

1. Anyone out there have a similar exprience and care to share pointers and advices?

2. Any suggestion for a specific cruise line that is best suited for this type of events. Any suggestion of a cruise line that will help organize such events?

I am sure I will have more questions in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gin Tonic

Couple of questions first might help you get some answers.

1) How old are the family members?

2) Have you thought about where you might want to cruise (Western, Eastern, Southers, Panama Canal, etc)

3) How many nights are you sailing

4) What port do you want to leave from

If I were you, I would contact a good TA who can arrange all the info.

If I had to pick one line, I would look at RCCL at one of their voyager class ships.

I agree with the RCCL....but assume that their are older and younger people...would suggest a Radiance class due to walking distance and ease of getting around....stuff to do for all ages. However, if you want the ice skating and a few more "clubs" than a Voyager class. Or, wait for the Freedom?

However, my first inclination would be the Radiance class.

Lou

This is a great site with lots of helpful people. Make sure you get a good TA and you should be able to get a couple free berths as well on a group that size.

And lots of free goodies.

I would love to help you!! :D

I "hosted" a family reunion/graduation cruise and used CruisesOnly. We did a Carnival cruise and had THE BEST time ever!! I can't remember the TA's name but he was GREAT...we all had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our cabins at embarkation...and...I actually received a refund check in the mail for my cruise "fare" (free cabin for me because we booked 8 cabins). What a NICE after vacation gift! (smile) We also received a free group portrait and a 1 hour cocktail party for our group. SO NICE!!! The TA worked it out so that my DH and I were in a cabin alone while the kids ( 13, 17 & 18) were in a different cabin...he just booked it as if one adult was in each cabin with a kid or two...but informed us we could do what we wanted once on board. Worked out GREAT!!! The kids had a BLAST and have since been begging for another cruise...Dh and I have gone again, w/o kids! (smile)

Anyway...try Cruisesonly..excellent service...quick responses to questions...good people to work with!

MrsP

My husband's grandfather took all of us on one about 11 years ago. He went through a travel agent(I strongly suggest that for this kind of a cruise) and we were on RCCL, Viking Serenade. The ship was quite old, but it didn't stop us from having a blast. We had 4 dining tables, all near each other. And I believe we had the late seating, some girls take a long time to get ready.

Grandpa didn't understand the deposit policy at the time quite right, so he went to the bank and took out 12,000 for the deposit and the bank teller walked him next door to the T.A. She said she didn't want that much cash laying around in her office so they all walked back to the bank together and they gave her a cashier's check. It was hilarious. He was mad that his cash wasn't good enough for her. LOL. It really was a lot of fun though. They also arranged for us to all have our group picture together on formal night on one of the lounge stages. We all ended up with copies. Some of us packed board games and played them by the pool at night. When some in our party got tired and went to bed we stayed up and partied with the late nighters. We needed a vacation by the time we got back.

RCCL has the family suites now so I'd seriouslyconsider going with RCCL.

Archived