New Orleans hotel plus parking

I just booked the Quality Inn in Gretna. I have not stayed there but it gets very good reviews on Tripadvisor for pre-cruise stays.

It is across the river from the French Quarter but they provide free shuttle to the free ferry. The last I read they also have free shuttle to and from the cruise port for 2 ($5. each additional, not sure if the is one way or round trip). They also have free parking for the length of the cruise. $129 plus tax.

Look it up on tripadvisor and here. The only negative comments is that it isn't in the French Quarter. As I said they have a shuttle to the ferry which is free and runs every half hour.

Dave

I also think the Holiday Inn French Quarter has a park and cruise package but they full on July 28.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Quality Inn in Gretna on June 23rd. It was nice, breakfast was OK, and they do have the park and sail rate. I think with tax and all it was $145 or so. Shuttle service was great.

I would certainly stay there again if we cruise out of NO again.

• 1 month later...

The hotels that provide parking also charge premium room rates for their stay and cruise specials.

You can book the rooms cheaper and pay to park in the convention center parking decks--2 blocks from the port @ $8 per day--about $65 including taxes for 7 days. You'll be on the road much faster, and they shuttle you to the ship.

I'm going to stay at LaQuinta Gretna for $66.

The hotels that provide parking also charge premium room rates for their stay and cruise specials.

You can book the rooms cheaper and pay to park in the convention center parking decks--2 blocks from the port @ $8 per day--about $65 including taxes for 7 days. You'll be on the road much faster, and they shuttle you to the ship.

I'm going to stay at LaQuinta Gretna for $66.

Do you have a link for the convention center parking? Can you book ahead of time?

Archived