Best Cruise Line for Honeymooners

T_Bird

We are considering taking a cruise for our honeymoon (March 2006) and have only cruised RCI. We are active 30 & 34 year olds (no kids). Which cruise lines should we check out?

All suggestions are appreciated!

My DH and I have been on 4 different cruise lines between us (this will be his 4th with NCL, my 2nd - total of 11 cruises between us). We took NCL out of Miami for a southern carribbean cruise for our honeymoon. We had the time of our lives!!!! We both feel that NCL has the best service of all of them. When we booked with them, we told them it was our honeymoon and they really gave us the royal treatment. The Captain even sent us a bottle of champagne as a congratulations. I highly recommend NCL. (Don't get offended everyone; the other cruise lines were fantastic. We just felt NCL added that little extra "umph!")

Happy Sailing!!!

2cruise4ever - none taken. The extra little things add so much!

I cant believe you were sent champagne. how lovely!

we got a cake during one of our dinners and they made a big deal that way. as well they had balloons outside our room door..

plus they had one of those parties for everyone celebrating their honeymoons or anniversary..

We are sailing with NCL this saturday, and i have heard how great the crew is in that respect so i cant wait to experience it first hand!

2cruise4ever - none taken. The extra little things add so much!

I cant believe you were sent champagne. how lovely!

we got a cake during one of our dinners and they made a big deal that way. as well they had balloons outside our room door..

plus they had one of those parties for everyone celebrating their honeymoons or anniversary..

We are sailing with NCL this saturday, and i have heard how great the crew is in that respect so i cant wait to experience it first hand!

Bosun ~ I had forgotten about the balloons, cake, and party for all the honeymooners. That was with the captain, too. Now that I think about it, we had our picture taken with him, as well. That was on the beloved SS Norway (may she rest in peace!!!). What an awesome week that was!

Where are you going this Saturday?

2cruise4ever - all that with the captain?!!! How Nice!

husband and i are going on the Sea w.caribbean. belize,roatan,cozumel and cancun. cant wait! :)

The days are not going fast enough though. There is not way i will be able to sleep friday night! none!

T_Bird - What do you like to do. If you're going to shack up in your cabin it doesn't matter much. But if you like tours, dining, sports, adventure or kite flying, it makes it easier to answer your question.

BTW, I am the official "love Man" in my area. Everyone comes to me to get romantic ideas for presents, birthdays etc. It all depends on what you too like.

When I first met DW, I took her to the 2 best eating venues I could find. One was a seafood house (I'm from DC) that has great food and my parents actually went there when I was young. The other was a side walk hot dog vendor in DC. Crazy? Not really, I knew it was what SHE would like.

PS..It worked too. LOL

IMHO, the activities on RCI cannot be beat if you are active.

If you like elegance and style go for Serenade with its wonderful southern itinerary. If you think bigger is better, try a Voyager class; if you do this I recommend Adventure out of San Juan.

It is a matter of personal style and taste.

The Med would be wonderfully romantic but it is more expensive and requires more time.

Try Seabourn.

At first glance it seems much more expensive but when you take into account that it is all-inclusive including drinks(alcohol included) including full size bottles of liquor for your in-suite bar to consume in your suite, welcome bottle of Piper champagne and tips, all suite accomodations, gourmet food with open seating dining, 1 complimentary shore excursion and only 200 guest. It will make your honeymoon extra special and you would be surprised how good a value it can be when you start to add up all those checks you have to sign for everything from a diet coke to a watered down drink.

Check out the Seabourn board on cruise critic and you will get a feel for what pure pampering is.

Just my opinion,

mcboo:):):)

WOW!!! Thank you everyone for all of your comments! It gives me a great starting place to start my research!

We are adventureous, so we would like to go places where there are exciting things to do. As far as $, we probably want to stay around or under the $5000 mark. Also, we are getting married in March 06 and where ever we honeymoon, I want it to be warm/hot.

Thank you for all the comments and keep them coming. I liked the idea of possibly starting out of San Juan and I liked the Seabourn suggestion. I have not checked them out yet but like the idea of all inclusive.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived