Using the Mt. Roberts Tram Ticket for More than One Person?

jstducky

Question to all of those who have purchased a ticket to the Mt. Roberts Tram in Juneau.

Is there anything that prevents me from buying a ticket up the tram, spending time up at the top, etc. and then coming back down and handing the ticket off to someone else?

I've read before that the tram ticket is good all day, right?

I don't know if you can hand it off to someone else to use, but my husband and I went up twice during the day (once in the morning and then at the end of the day) so can verify that the tickets can be reused. I'm not trying to encourage more than one person using a ticket either, so just FYI.

Mainly I just wanted to strongly recommend that passengers wait to buy in port rather than from the ship's shore ex department. If the weather is overcast, you can't see very much, and it's not worth the $$. The price paid at the office at the foot of the tram was the same as the price charged by the ship (Princess) and waiting to buy in port gives the advantage of verifying the weather conditions and ensuring that you have enough time to see this site.

Hope you have a great time,

Donna

I would not recommend handing off the ticket to someone else, that just isn't right. The Princess ticket is $2 more than the price on the tram website. No great savings, but I agree that the weather will be an important factor.

thanks guys. wasn't going to be the ticket in advance either. i just wanted to go up quickly and come back down after taking some pictures. literally a less than 1/2 hour trip.

thought maybe i could just re-purchase the ticket off of someone else.

thanks.

Archived