Cruise Ship Payments before Final Payment

How do I know when I need to make a payment on my cruise? I know there is a "final payment" due date, but after putting down the initial deposit, do I need to make a regular payment of any kind between now and final payment?

Not unless you want to. You just have to pay the balance by the "final" payment due date and you will be all set.

Okay thanks! I was just worried because my account keeps warning me that I need to make a payment.

Okay thanks! I was just worried because my account keeps warning me that I need to make a payment.

That is just a reminder :) No need to pay anything other than the deposit you paid when you booked the cruise until your final payment date unless you want to.

As others have already said, there is no need to make another payment until final payment is due. That being said, last year the Canadian dollar was fluctuating so much. When it reached a $1.04 US, I paid off the cruise balance in full. It dropped about 8 cents after that, so I saved myself about 7% of the total value of the cruise by paying the balance off early.

As others have already said, there is no need to make another payment until final payment is due. That being said, last year the Canadian dollar was fluctuating so much. When it reached a $1.04 US, I paid off the cruise balance in full. It dropped about 8 cents after that, so I saved myself about 7% of the total value of the cruise by paying the balance off early.

Yeah, I was surprised when I reserved the cruise that the Canadian rate was lower than the US. The price of my cruise isn't going to change now though, since I've signed in at this price.

Yeah, I was surprised when I reserved the cruise that the Canadian rate was lower than the US. The price of my cruise isn't going to change now though, since I've signed in at this price.

You never know...it could have a price drop...and as long as its before final payment you are entitled to the new price...unless it's an odd sale of some kind...but those are generally AFTER final pmt...and even then..if a higher category comes available at a lower price you can upgrade...

Archived