Taxi in Halifax and New Brunswick

I am looking forward to visiting both these cities in Sept. I'm not sure whether to do excursions through the cruiseline or going around on my own. My question is about taxis. Can you hail taxis in Canada right off the street like in NYC? If so, are they easy to find? I expect that they will be easy to find at the port, but if i take one to peggys cove, would I be able to find one to get back? Or do you have to call them.

I am looking forward to visiting both these cities in Sept. I'm not sure whether to do excursions through the cruiseline or going around on my own. My question is about taxis. Can you hail taxis in Canada right off the street like in NYC? If so, are they easy to find? I expect that they will be easy to find at the port, but if i take one to peggys cove, would I be able to find one to get back? Or do you have to call them.

Taxis in Saint John are located outside of cruise terminal. They are $50 per hour for tours. You should consider the local tour by the local transit commission $20 for 2 hr tour hitting all the spots you'll want to see. Also check out http://www.freedomtours.com instead of ones offered by ship.

Taxis are easy in both cities. BUT a taxi to Peggy's Cove would be very expensive and you would need to make sure they are coming back.

Suggestion above for trips (especially if you want to go to Peggy's Cove) are a great options:D

In Halifax there will be taxis at the pier and you can hail them on the street. However you will not find them at Peggy's Cove. The easiest option for there is to rent a car. There are many, many previous posts about Halifax and Peggy's Cove. Go back to the Ports of Call page for Canada, look for the search feature to the right of the blue bar near the top of the page and search for what you want.

Archived