C&A Member Savings Certificates

I just got an email for a C&A Savings Certificate. Can I redeem it on my cruise that I have already booked (still making payments)?

Yes, as long as there is nothing non-combinable on your booking, such as shareholder benefit or balcony discount.

Is it me or are the savings certificate kind of lame. They can't be combine with C&A balcony discounts so basically the only time they are of any value is if you are booking an inside cabin. Is it me or am I missing something?

Is it me or are the savings certificate kind of lame. They can't be combine with C&A balcony discounts so basically the only time they are of any value is if you are booking an inside cabin. Is it me or am I missing something?

There are many Gold level members that are not entitled to balcony discounts. There are also people who might find the balcony price too high for a particular cruise, so they choose to book an OV cabin. Monarch next March comes to mind. In either of these cases, a savings certificate could be applied should one exist for that particular sailing.

I'd be quite happy with that but nothing there for me!!!

There are many Gold level members that are not entitled to balcony discounts. There are also people who might find the balcony price too high for a particular cruise, so they choose to book an OV cabin. Monarch next March comes to mind. In either of these cases, a savings certificate could be applied should one exist for that particular sailing.

I understand that...and they should still issue them to Gold members and to Platinum and Diamond for non- balcony/suite passengers... but I really don't see the point in offering a discount to Platinum and Diamond members for balcony staterooms via C&A certificates when they can't be redeemed along with the Platinum/ Diamond balcony discount. It's redundant.

I understand that...and they should still issue them to Gold members and to Platinum and Diamond for non- balcony/suite passengers... but I really don't see the point in offering a discount to Platinum and Diamond members for balcony staterooms via C&A certificates when they can't be redeemed along with the Platinum/ Diamond balcony discount. It's redundant.

For our sail dates (3 booked) 2 are listed and are $50 more than our Platinum discount. Then for our 2nd sail date it is $25 more than the Emerald Discount that we will have for that cruise. Not much off the 2nd cruise over the Emerald Discount but it's a discount.

I too received the lame e-mail from RC regarding savings certificates. What is the point if you are diamond and cannot utilize them anyway?

You may wish to cruise in an inside or OV sometime, and therefore would be able to use a savings certificate if it was available.

My sail date doesn't appear to be there

Wait a few days and check again. They have not updated the coupons yet. Only the expiration date have been changed, but the actual coupon codes and sailing dates have not changed.

The only time I can use them is on the 3 night cruises b/c we just do an OV. But this year, I was able to use the $75 cert on our 7/9, 7/21, 10/19, and 1/25 cruise, so really got some good ones this time. Normally there is nothing we can use, but got really lucky this time.

Archived