Dog Sledding on the Glaciers to close for the year

FunShipCruiser05

Not!

But hey, So dog sledding on the glaciers ends by september? I emailed Coastal and Temsco I think it's called and Temsco says it's over in skagway by august 30th and over first week of sept in juneau. Coastal has it sounding like from their email that they are undecided. All depends on the weather. hmmmm

Anyone else here do dog sledding in september? I'm not talking the dog camps on land.

Not!

But hey, So dog sledding on the glaciers ends by september? I emailed Coastal and Temsco I think it's called and Temsco says it's over in skagway by august 30th and over first week of sept in juneau. Coastal has it sounding like from their email that they are undecided. All depends on the weather. hmmmm

Anyone else here do dog sledding in september? I'm not talking the dog camps on land.

You are sailing 9/15? Sorry you are too late, make other plans for the day, or scramble and sail earlier is an option.

Closing early Sept, has been going on for years. Some years it is August and earliest I have seen is mid August. They are not going to be running mid Sept.

Yes, they can and often do close down earlier in the season when conditions up at the camps start to fall apart. Most of the employees who stay up with the dogs all season are students who have to return to their colleges on the typical schedule, but weather is a major factor.

Mid-September your choices of activities is always limited.

yeah that sucks and I didnt come about this excursion til after booking the cruise. But im not heartbroken, it's something that makes sense. Sure would loved to have done it but better for next time around in my lifetime i get back to alaska. Might settle for the dog camp to learn atleast what the sport is like. Im just trying to find now the most economical and valuable flightseeing tour with a glacier landing. But so many damn choices and so many ranges of prices!

You are sailing 9/15? Sorry you are too late, make other plans for the day, or scramble and sail earlier is an option.

Closing early Sept, has been going on for years. Some years it is August and earliest I have seen is mid August. They are not going to be running mid Sept.

Archived