Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Glory 5 day cruise to Canada

MikeyA53

bummer about the battery..but on the plus side it beats having a battery freeze..had that happen once...real joy installing a new battery at 40 below...so cold I did not clamp it down...tipped and hit the fan blade on the way home..so bought 2 batteries on the same day..the joys of Canadian winters....

so hot last week I wore shorts to work one day..girls in the office got a restraining order so that was it for that

enjoy your next cruise..ours if finally booked..Splendour to Mexico...

Thanks Captain, I looking at Splendor out of New York in 2014. :)

As always, loved your report. I've only written a couple and they were no where as detailed as yours, but I know from experience it's a lot of work. Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to share your adventures with us !! Will be looking forward to your next report.

I was wondering when you were in port, did you see anyone from the ship using a scooter or wheelchair ?? I would love to do this Canadian cruise but wondered how handicap friendly the ports were.

Thanks again for a great report.

Thank you bluehenfan, from what I saw and from experience the ports and the cities are handicap friendly.

It is always a pleasure to read and see all the photos you have taken. Awaiting your next review of the Miracle.

Thank you handicap friendly , I'm also looking forward to the review because it means I have to cruise first. :D

I see you booked the breeze! Too bad it's not the memorial day one....your family would be a fun one to sail with!!

It would be our pleasure to cruise with each and everyone of you that has responded to our thread. :)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the review and the pictures.... again. Great work.

We will be enjoying the Glory in April so it was great to some pictures of her.

All the best to you and your family, stay safe out there...

A

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the review and the pictures.... again. Great work.

We will be enjoying the Glory in April so it was great to some pictures of her.

All the best to you and your family, stay safe out there...

A

Thank you Spudder. All the best to you and your family. :)

• 1 month later...

Mike, sorry I missed your review as you where posting it back in July but I wanted to say I just read it and loved it. I love all your reviews. I have the Glory booked in January out of Miami and love your pictures, Thanks for yet again an awesome review. Looking forward to your next one...

Mike, sorry I missed your review as you where posting it back in July but I wanted to say I just read it and loved it. I love all your reviews. I have the Glory booked in January out of Miami and love your pictures, Thanks for yet again an awesome review. Looking forward to your next one...

Thank you Andrew, enjoy your cruise. :):)

Hi Mike

Nice review!Did you notice if the shuttle from the parking lot was handicapped equipped to provide transport for electric scooters?

Thanks

Yes all of Massport Shuttle busses are equiped either with a ramp on city style busses like the one showen or with lifts on tour style busses. Or should I say they are suppose tobe rarely one will show up wiyh out being ADA, tell the driver you need one and one will be sent. At cruise terminal and/or parking lot wait apx. 5 mins.

• 1 month later...
Gald you reposted a link in your MIracle review. Somehow I missed this and will sail her next spring--post 2.0 updates ..our first cruise with them, and a cruise without "Sandy" causing havoc.

Hopefully you will have a hurricane free cruise. We have been very lucky, 7 out of our 8 cruises have been in hurricane season and we've always had great weather.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Great reviews, very entertaining.

First you have a very nice family, a beautiful wife and children that

seem comfortable spending vacations with their parents. For teens that's

not always a given. Brother and sister seem to really get along well.

Your daughter has a confident, easy smile and stunning looks. So you are

a lucky man.

Not being canadian, I was curious about what kind of police work the

Mounties do on a daily basis?

Cheers,

Hi Mike,

Great reviews, very entertaining.

First you have a very nice family, a beautiful wife and children that

seem comfortable spending vacations with their parents. For teens that's

not always a given. Brother and sister seem to really get along well.

Your daughter has a confident, easy smile and stunning looks. So you are

a lucky man.

Not being canadian, I was curious about what kind of police work the

Mounties do on a daily basis?

Cheers,

Thank you galba. We are a National Police Force, there are many different jobs within the force. Tracy is general duty, she responds to calls ranging from murder to someone keeps stealing my newspaper. I'm on traffic duties, enforcing all traffic laws. Other types of jobs include border security, drug enforcement, forensic identification, dog handlers, accident reconstruction, etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I love reading your reviews. I just got home from a cruise 4 days ago and I miss it already so reading your reviews helps with the withdrawal pain. Thanks for taking the time and look forward to your next trip report!!!

Thank you Sandy, glad I could help you with your withdrawal pain. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived