Reprints of Carnival Pics

tiger belle

My mom went to Walgreens today to get some copies made of some pics taken on our last cruise by the Carnival photographers...The salesperson told her that Walgreens had stopped making such reprints a few months ago because Carnival sent them a letter telling them to stop making reprints of the copyrighted photos...I thought a while back you used to have to print out some kind of waiver from the Carnival Website but that Carnival stopped requiring that...has anybody else tried to make copies of the Carnival pics or portraits recently?

I work part time in the photo dept of Walgreens. I was never told

Carnival asked Walgreens to stop printing pictures. Walgreens is

however very strict about copyright laws. Since the release form

is still online. I would say you can have them printed. Ask for a

manager and see what they say. Or go to another Walgreens and

bring your release form with you.

I used to be a manager at walgreens and we were not allowed to print anything that appeared to be professional... no matter where or what company the photo was from, unless the customer provided a copy of a release from the photographer/company. They are required to keep a copy of the release. More often than not, it would be a college student working in photo that didn't really care so they just printed everything. If it was a full time employee who's family depended on that job, they were definately more strict. Not worth losing a job for a picture.

Myself, I just print them from shutterfly and have them mailed to me. Never any questions asked.

I used to be a manager at walgreens and we were not allowed to print anything that appeared to be professional... no matter where or what company the photo was from, unless the customer provided a copy of a release from the photographer/company. They are required to keep a copy of the release. More often than not, it would be a college student working in photo that didn't really care so they just printed everything. If it was a full time employee who's family depended on that job, they were definately more strict. Not worth losing a job for a picture.

Myself, I just print them from shutterfly and have them mailed to me. Never any questions asked.

You are correct. It's not a Carnival issue, it's a copyright issue that all reputable copy places comply with.

Here is the link to the current release on Carnival's website:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/PhotoRelease.pdf

;)

thanks, happy...I will see if Walgreen's will accept this...I am confused about what Carnival is permitting...the release mentions using the photos for calendars, mouse pads, and similar things...do you think just making a copy is included? maybe I will tell my mom to go to a different Walgreen's this time...and look for a high school or college aged student working the photo counter :)

when you say you just print them from shutterfly, I assume you must have some sort of scanning device to upload to your computer...is that correct?...how is the quality of the photos you get back from shutterfly?

thanks for the guidance and feedback, all

thanks, happy...I will see if Walgreen's will accept this...I am confused about what Carnival is permitting...the release mentions using the photos for calendars, mouse pads, and similar things...do you think just making a copy is included? maybe I will tell my mom to go to a different Walgreen's this time...and look for a high school or college aged student working the photo counter :)

I've never had issues getting prints made at Walgreens or Walmart, but I did have issues with Zazzle when I was trying to have stamps printed for our wedding invites because it was "being disseminated to the public".

when you say you just print them from shutterfly, I assume you must have some sort of scanning device to upload to your computer...is that correct?...how is the quality of the photos you get back from shutterfly?

thanks for the guidance and feedback, all

Yeah, we have a copier/scanner at home... it was really affordable from wal-mart and still great quality scans. We scan them and upload them to shutterfly. They mail them to your house, and they are alot cheaper than walgreens.

Archived