front of ship ??

jimbo23

We have drawn a guarantee on deck 8 on Constellation four cabins from the front of the ship. I seem to recall other board members saying this can be an interesting ride ?

any comments appreciated ?

Norwegian Dream April 2003

CONSTELLATION BALTIC CRUISE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

soon to be on board .Thats the life

Constellation MAY 22ND 2004

We were 8 cabins from the front on the Zenith last month. It was very interesting. The ship would go up and then SLAM!!!! down with a great shudder and a sound like an explosion. I felt like we were in a battle zone. This only happened when the ship was moving very fast. When we were trolling along it was better. But, never again!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;9;7;16;00;00&timezone=EST-0800

<marquee width = 45%> Century Nov/00---Norway June/01---Monarch Oct/01---Grandeur Nov/01---Mercury May/02---Horizon Feb/03---Century July/03---Zenith Nov/03---Zenith Apr/04---Constellation Sept/04</marquee>

I've spent a lot of time in the gym on the Connie (at the front of the ship above deck 9) and never noticed any "extra" movement. These are huge ships and I can't imagine them slamming against the waves like a motorboat.

Hornsea

We are in 8014 ,not too far from your cabin,did you book with Gills by the way ?

There are a couple of other cruisers on our ship that did and they seem to block book cabin space with celebrity for cruises.

Hope the weather is o.k.The trip was without incident when we took it last year on the norwegian dream,but we were on deck five amidships.Even the north sea was not much of an issue.The pool was doing somersaults when we had dinner one night but it didn't really bother us .The modern ships have good stabilisers these days and the constellation is much newer than the dream,so I hope we will be O.k.

Norwegian Dream April 2003

CONSTELLATION BALTIC CRUISE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

soon to be on board .Thats the life

Constellation MAY 22ND 2004

We are in 9009, very far front. Hope you are correct that Connie is big enough to sail smoothly.

We leave here on the 12th to spend two nights in London and then a week in a Cotswolds cottage to enjoy the area of my where my father's family lived.

Mary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The modern ships have good stabilisers these days<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The stabilizers help with the roll, but can't do much for the pitch, which is when the front goes up and down.

The Connie is a bit bigger than the Zenith though, so hopefully won't be a problem!

Theron

click to e-mail me

Explorer of the Seas 9/27/03 Western

Celebrity Century 9/28/02 Eastern (Thanks to Lili)

Cruise Tip Calculator - Calculate the amount and type of bills you need to stuff your tipping envelopes:

http://members.aol.com/CruiseTip/

Are you talking about the front, facing forward, or the front, facing aft, I always get that confused!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

We had a forward cabin on the Infinity. I hope you don't have any tender ports. When they let loose the anchor it will wake you up. Otherwise it was a smooth sail and that was 4 nights across the Pacific. Enjoy!

Mercury 03/00

Infinity 03/01

Millennium 11/01

Summit 03/02

Constellation 12/02

Century 05/03

Mercury 12/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gregg4:

When they let loose the anchor it will wake you up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A giant alarm clock! But where is the snooze button?

The only thing I can see wrong about the front of the ship is it's a long ways from the eating areas. However the exercise getting back and forth to the munchies may be a blessing.

Enjoy where you cruise and cruise when you can!

We were on deck 6, just under the theater. The noise was worst in the middle of the night. I think the captain was trying to make up for the leisurely pace during the day.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;9;7;16;00;00&timezone=EST-0800

<marquee width = 45%> Century Nov/00---Norway June/01---Monarch Oct/01---Grandeur Nov/01---Mercury May/02---Horizon Feb/03---Century July/03---Zenith Nov/03---Zenith Apr/04---Constellation Sept/04</marquee>

Hi Jimbo,

We were in 8002 on Summit in Mid-April. Check your deck plan, and you will see that you can't get farther forward on that deck.

No real problems even in 8 foot seas. We noticed roll much more than pitch.

It is longer to the dining room and buffet icon_cool.gif, but the Spa Cafe is pretty close, so you can stop and pcik something up to tide you over on the long trek aft to the regular dining areas! icon_smile.gif

8002 is a great room and is VERY large.

Majesty 9/01

Sovereign 12/02

Century 5/03

Enchantment 12/03

Summit 4/04

Archived