Diving in Cozumel review

Tracy1

My husband and I went on a cruise on Carnival's Ecstasy on April 9. We arranged with Eagle Ray Divers to go on a 2 tank dive day dive and a 1 tank night dive. (http://www.eagleraydivers.com) The captain of the cruise ship told us the day before arriving in Cozumel that we would be late getting in to port. We tried to contact Eagle Ray Divers by e-mail but they didn't get the news in time. They were great, even without forewarning, they left a message at the marina where we were supposed to meet them with directions to another beach where we could catch up with them. It was a short cab ride away and we were still able to get in both of our day dives! The first dive was the San Fransisco Wall which was a drift dive. We had the dive master, Antonio to ourselves. We saw 2 sea turtles, 1 large loster hiding in coral and lots of beautiful fish and coral.

Our 2nd dive was at Paradise Reef. This was kind of neat because we could see our ship from the site. This time there were 6 divers to the dive master. We saw fish I'd never seen before, beautiful coral, and held an arrow crab. After this dive, they kept our dive gear and dropped us off at the pier for a few hours. We ate Fajitas and chips and salsa at Fat Tuesdays and shopped around a liitle. Later we met them at the marina for our night dive.

The night dive was at the same site as our 2nd day dive which was fine because we saw different things at night than during the day. We saw 2 octopi, 5 lobsters, 1 crab, an eel that looked like a snake, a big flouder, a school of small jelly fish (aoubt the size of acorns) and plenty of schools of fish. Also, it was beautiful to come up in the dark, see the beautiful star filled sky and then look over and see the ship all lit up. It was so peaceful. We would definitely dive with Eagle Ray Divers again.

My husband and I went on a cruise on Carnival's Ecstasy on April 9. We arranged with Eagle Ray Divers to go on a 2 tank dive day dive and a 1 tank night dive. (www.eagleraydivers.com) The captain of the cruise ship told us the day before arriving in Cozumel that we would be late getting in to port. We tried to contact Eagle Ray Divers by e-mail but they didn't get the news in time. They were great, even without forewarning, they left a message at the marina where we were supposed to meet them with directions to another beach where we could catch up with them. It was a short cab ride away and we were still able to get in both of our day dives! The first dive was the San Fransisco Wall which was a drift dive. We had the dive master, Antonio to ourselves. We saw 2 sea turtles, 1 large loster hiding in coral and lots of beautiful fish and coral.

Our 2nd dive was at Paradise Reef. This was kind of neat because we could see our ship from the site. This time there were 6 divers to the dive master. We saw fish I'd never seen before, beautiful coral, and held an arrow crab. After this dive, they kept our dive gear and dropped us off at the pier for a few hours. We ate Fajitas and chips and salsa at Fat Tuesdays and shopped around a liitle. Later we met them at the marina for our night dive.

The night dive was at the same site as our 2nd day dive which was fine because we saw different things at night than during the day. We saw 2 octopi, 5 lobsters, 1 crab, an eel that looked like a snake, a big flouder, a school of small jelly fish (aoubt the size of acorns) and plenty of schools of fish. Also, it was beautiful to come up in the dark, see the beautiful star filled sky and then look over and see the ship all lit up. It was so peaceful. We would definitely dive with Eagle Ray Divers again.

Hi Tracy1...It sounds like you had a great trip! I love night-diving, unforturnately, we won't be in port long enough to get in a night dive. I booked a 2-tank, with Eagle Ray Divers, for an upcoming cruise in June. My wife and son will be snorkeling on the same trip.

I have a few of questions, (if you don't mind!)

1)How long was the cab-ride, to the Marina, and how much was it?

2)Which boat were you on? Did they have oxygen, etc?

3)Did you use your own equipment? If not, was ERD's equipment o.k.?

I would appreciate any tips, additional comments, or suggestions...we can hardly wait! Thanks! ;)

I booked a 2-tank, with Eagle Ray Divers, for an upcoming cruise in June. My wife and son will be snorkeling on the same trip.

I would appreciate any tips, additional comments, or suggestions...we can hardly wait! Thanks! ;)

1) The cab ride was $6 and was short maybe 10 min.

2) Sorry, I don't remember the name of the boat. I don't remember if they had oxygen. Contact them and ask them what safety equipment they care on each boat.

3) We brought our own snorkel, fins, mask, and booties. Their equipment was very good. I hadn't planned on wearing a wet suit but ended up using a shorty for the night dive. They didn't charge me anything extra for it.

I wished I had brought a book of Caribbean fish so that after we got out of the water we could have looked through it to identify some of the fish that we saw.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

... Sorry, I don't remember the name of the boat. I don't remember if they had oxygen. Contact them and ask them what safety equipment they care on each boat.
While I'm sure that they do have O2 on the boat, just as any responsible dive operator would. I wouldn't dive with someone that did have O2 on the boat. O2 is just too important in the treatment of DCS to be without it.

• 3 weeks later...
I booked a 2-tank, with Eagle Ray Divers, for an upcoming cruise in June. My wife and son will be snorkeling on the same trip.

1) The cab ride was $6 and was short maybe 10 min.

2) Sorry, I don't remember the name of the boat. I don't remember if they had oxygen. Contact them and ask them what safety equipment they care on each boat.

3) We brought our own snorkel, fins, mask, and booties. Their equipment was very good. I hadn't planned on wearing a wet suit but ended up using a shorty for the night dive. They didn't charge me anything extra for it.

I wished I had brought a book of Caribbean fish so that after we got out of the water we could have looked through it to identify some of the fish that we saw.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!!:D

Archived